cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo advantages/disadvantages?

ericdvan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was just wondering what would be the advantages and disadvantages to switch to koodo? I have the 12GB/120$ three month plan but could switch to koodo for 4GB/40$. 

37 REPLIES 37

MoFromTo2016

No VoLTE and WIFI-Calling so this is why I’m staying with PM.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@torontokriswrote:

Don't be inspired by what the Koodo rep says. As we all learnt they can change our plans with 30 days notice. 

Koodo has been good with not upping the price of plans. However doesn't mean it will always be that way

Telus/Koodo management might be bitter about the PM backlash, so they could also increase the rates of the Koodo-PM switch plan after a few months to squeeze more money out of us! 

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Depending on how Koodo will appy the $100 credit, there is a big difference between post tax and before tax. I suspect they will apply the credit post tax which means you only get $88.50 in Ontario.  Deducting the cost of $15 for the sim card, you would have a credit of $73.50 before tax.  

Besides autopay and referal credits, unless March 15th is your PM renewal date, then you will have to figure in how much you will leave to PM plus any unused add-ons. 

Will wait and see when TELUS will start to force everyone out of PM. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Don't be inspired by what the Koodo rep says. As we all learnt they can change our plans with 30 days notice. 

Koodo has been good with not upping the price of plans. However doesn't mean it will always be that way

ericdvan

Ok cool. I don't really care if they don't offer call forwarding. Also it's 25$/month off for the first four months I believe. And international roaming could be very useful for me as I travel and I might need a new phone in the future so small tab could help. My main reason for wanting to switch is: a) I feel like they are planning to get rid of public mobile eventually b) they are gonna offer this year VoLTE and VoWifi, something that public will never offer c) I was insured by koodo rep that price will never change (look at the picture) unlike what public tried to do anf probs will try something similar down the road. What are your thoughts??Screenshot_20180217-172809.png

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ludditewrote:

Koodo $3 more - no autopay, no loyalty 

How to chose? Koodo offer is  4 gb monthly not 12 gb every 90 days, includes Canada wide calling but excludes call forwarding ($3/month when you need it).

Koodo has potential for a tab / buy a phone as well. The promo is only small tab though I believe. But if there are deals on phones you can get them. 

Canada wide is another big one. And $7day usa or $10/day/international roaming . Although PM $20/10 day usa is good as well. Public has usa calling add-ons that don't expire. Koodo is 50cents per minute or $10/unlimited. PM has Canada wide plans but if we are comparing the 4gb $40 plan to Koodo PM is province wide only

Personal choice however if you need a tab/phone or roam/call across Canada Koodo maybe better. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Koodo $3 more - no autopay, no loyalty 

How to chose? Koodo offer is  4 gb monthly not 12 gb every 90 days, includes Canada wide calling but excludes call forwarding ($3/month when you need it).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.