cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Koodo advantages/disadvantages?

@MoFromTo2016 you can pay extra to get the upgrades (IF you need / want it, I am more than happy with the 25 message system here)

Things like iPhone Visual Voicemail are popular to many people

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Koodo has always seem a little shady to me. 

I wouldn't be surprised once they get all the PM customers, they turn around and raise the price after the first couple of months. 

Mayor / Maire

My sentiments exactly

Judi Pissed.JPG

now if "SHE" Ran things, well, I'd say we'd be in EXCELLENT hands

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Koodo advantages: Canada wide calling/International roaming assuming you want that/monthly plan allows you to switch to other carriers easily and with post paid they are suppose to refund the unused days when you switch/International calling can call A LOT more countries then PM can

Disadvantages: Surprise bills since it's not prepaid you could get surprised with a huge bill especially with the calling scams going on where people are being charged up2 hundreds $ per minute. It also costs money to call their customer service apparently.

PM advantage: cheaper plan/no surprise bill/cheaper long dist calls that don't expire. Even if you get the international calling add on with koodo that's $3 a month at the $0.05 per min rate it will cost $20 per 400 min vs $15 per 400 min that never expire /cheaper data add on that don't expire $30 per gb vs $70 per gb with koodo.

disadvantage: only province wide calling but that can be compensated with a calling app using data like fongo/Website can be buggy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you're switching, go to koodo kiosk and tell them that their customer service told you that sim card will be free. Also, they'll apply $100 to your account at the end of your billing cycle, Which is 24th-25th for them, and youl'll be able to use it towards your $40 bill.

Internet speed on koodo is double what PM is.

And i was told that they'll be able to squeeze you in on a med tab if anything. Either way, who cares about that yet? 

You can  travel with your phone now.

No rewards - yeah, but you can talk to an actual person. You do get charged $10 only if you're doing changes to your account, which you can do online(web page looks exactly like PM but blue lol) 

They stop your data when you run out of it, but you can still send mms, even with no data. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been getting pretty good speedtest numbers on my new Pixel 2. 

Public SpeedTest.jpg

Oracle

I see it this way, the only potential advantage is long distance but only if needed and used.  The small tab is weak sauce.  It is so tiny that much of the device cost has to be paid up front.  Most if not all promotional offers are on large and medium tab.  If there is a cost advantage to staying, then stay.  The only certainty is the savings today  While there may be an ominous cloud placed over our heads with what Dave had said in his post, rest assured they will not take draconian measures to remove us from this service again, unless Telus is not a learning organization.  Future migrations could very well be on better terms, not worse.  In case of emergency, there is always the opportunity of a parachute offered by the competition or a lifeline via Koodo regional plans.  For all these reasons, I am staying the course. 

Highlighted
R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Litvinau_Awrote:

Internet speed on koodo is double what PM is.

There's been a fair amount of people testing on the forums every now then, and comparing, the general concensus is that PM customers are getting full, untrottled Telus LTE alongside Koodo.

BGL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The issue that has kept me from switching to Koodo is the unbeatable US roaming that Public offers: $8 for 10 days of talk or text; or $20 for 10 days of talk+text+data. Koodo's $7/day is a massive difference (a $50 difference for 10 days of talk+text+data, to be exact!!!)  -- I would never pay it and would get a US sim card instead with tracfone. 

Tags (1)
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@MoFromTo2016wrote:

How is voicemail better at Koodo? I doubt the plan comes with visual voicemail. Do you have any idea when they will be adding VoLTE and WI-FI Calling?! Thanks.

Apparently spring 2018 is when VoLTE will be available at Koodo and for VoWifi, it was be different dates for different phones all throughout 2018 and possibly continuing to 2019.