cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo (account with 4 lines) to Public Mobile

winciy0412
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, 

I have 1 Koodo account number, with 4 lines (numbers). 

How should I approach this to port all 4 lines? 

Concerns:

1. Since I'm the only account owner, how can those 3 lines have authorization to port the number to public mobile? Will changing the koodo account email work (to align with public mobile's)?

2. Since all 4 lines are associated to one single account, once one line/number is ported to public mobile, is it certain that the entire Koodo account will not be canceled? 

Thanks in advance for addressing my concerns.

edit: in addition to the solution, i also make sure i used Firefox or IE, no chrome.

Also, for the authorization name, i used the name of the main account holder. Didn't use the one of the person who holds the number.

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jtos14mb wrote:

Great, thanks for clarifying that!

@jtos14mb  any time.  That's what the community's here for.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jtos14mb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@srlawren wrote:

@jtos14mb wrote:

Just curious, but why should I not use the same email address from Koodo for Public Mobile?

@jtos14mb for Koodo post-paid, it doesn't matter if you do.  But Koodo pre-paid and Public Mobile share a back-end system, so using the same email between the two causes issues.

Great, thanks for clarifying that!

srlawren

@jtos14mb wrote:

Just curious, but why should I not use the same email address from Koodo for Public Mobile?

@jtos14mb for Koodo post-paid, it doesn't matter if you do.  But Koodo pre-paid and Public Mobile share a back-end system, so using the same email between the two causes issues.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jtos14mb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, welcome to the PM family 🙂

winciy0412

@Rockdaddy22 yes it did 🙂

Rockdaddy22
I'm assuming everything went well here 🙂

suno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
1. Yes referral reward still continues.

2. Nope, as long as your account is active with plan, you can port after Nov.20 without issues.

winciy0412

Thank you for the awesome tips! I'll pay attention to all these when I port the numbers 🙂 

Slightly unrelevant questions for this topic -

1) We did the friend referral on activation. If we change/port our numbers afterwards, will the friend referral reward still continue?

2) We got that $40/month promo which ends on Nov20. Do we have to also port our numbers by Nov20? Or we are all set once we activated the sim card?

Thanks again!! 

Also, you'll have to create separate account for each new Public Mobile line.  The system won't allow for more than 1 phone line to be attached to an account.

As for payment, if you're paying by credit card, you'll need to use more than one. A single credit card number can only be associated with a maximum of 2 Public Mobile accounts.

mimmo

if you have gmail account you can add +1234 to your email and still get the mail sent you your main gamil.

ie you gave two numbers 555-222-1234 and 555-222-5678

and your gmail is emailme@gmail.com  you can signup with emailme+1234@gmail.com and emailme+5678@gmail.com and all those emails will go to the main gmail acocunt.

Its a way around having to create additional email accounts or a different account than your Koodo.  works only with gmail to my knowledge.

Rockdaddy22
Sorry I was slow, stupid mobile site 🙂

Rockdaddy22
As long as you give authorization it's not a problem to do 100 lines of you want.

Only the one line that's ported will be canceled not the whole account, once you port the last number, the account will close.

Use a different email than the one you use with Koodo.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

My understanding is the port is based on individual phone numbers and not your koodo account number, as the account owner of all three lines you should have authority to move them all over.  Once all four accounts are ported the cancellation of you koodo account should take place, but you could always call them to confirm.

Make sure you follow these tips as well for a koodo port.

- do not use the same email address for Kood and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

Need Help? Let's chat.