cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo Number Porting Error/Help

MRoffel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my Sim card today, and in the instructions it said to create a new number and then port your number over if you are moving from Koodo. I did that and went to change my number under my account. I entered the correct account number and everything and it said that my service provider rejected my transfer request. Just wondering how to resolve this.

5 REPLIES 5

jesssip
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Good luck!

jesssip
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Did you use your IMEI to port your number? Usually this is the safest way to port. When I ported my number, it took less than 30 min for me to go out of servce on my old sim and get service on my new one. You can try calling Koodo or PM one of the moderatora for more help.

MRoffel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have done everything you said, signed up with a different email address, have a temporary number, I use my account number and name as it appears on my Koodo Bill and I have clicked "I am authorized" before typing my number and I still am getting the error.

"Do nots” for port-ins

- if coming from Koodo do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi

1. i hope you are not using the same email address for PM as you used for Koodo..that would be a no-no

2. the info must 100% match... any slight difference ( eg. capital letter instead of small .. or changed phone during the time with Koodo thus they now have a different  IMEI on file etc..) and the port will be rejected.. best to do would be to call Koodo and ask them why it was rejected ( Koodo and PM both belong to Telus anyways...)

3. there are detailed instruction in this forum how to "safely" port ..just enter the searchg term in the forum

cheers and welcome

Need Help? Let's chat.