cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kiosks

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm a former pm customer who is coming back thanks to the new $60 plan with US usage. My question is can I get a payment voucher at kiosk when activating to pay for first month? Reason I ask instead of using credit card as currently waiting for a replacement card as old one damaged when went through washer when left in shorts. 

Would love to be able to pay with voucher and active today at kiosk as I have a family vacation coming up soon.

11 REPLIES 11

tehowennathe

I was able to pay for service at Kiosks. Person there said I can get the $2 off next month when I add my credit card

funpig

Oops, z10user4 is correct.  I took a closer look.  My Dad shows he has the $2 autopay reward in Overview but no $2 credit in the transaction history on the date of activation using the voucher.  On the other hand, my account shows both when setting up autopay from start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@funpig wrote:

z10user4, I am not sure what you mean by "normal $2 reward".  There is a $10 referral credit in addition to the $2 autopay credit.  As far as I can see, my Dad's $2 credit is the same as the my credit in my account which was activated the week before with the credit card autopay set up from the start.

You didn't say you used the credit card at activation. But maybe you have a quirk in the system that gave you a $2 credit.

I always try to be sure to distinguish the two terms. Credit gets deposited into your Available Funds. Reward is shown in the rewards area and used at renewal.

In the case of the autopay credit/reward...initial activation selecting autopay gives a $2 credit and also sets up the $2 reward.

funpig

z10user4, I am not sure what you mean by "normal $2 reward".  There is a $10 referral credit in addition to the $2 autopay credit.  As far as I can see, my Dad's $2 credit is the same as the my credit in my account which was activated the week before with the credit card autopay set up from the start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@funpig 

Right. But on *initial* activation there's a $2 credit deposited into the account. And also the reward is started with the $2 reward. Then for that first renewal it'll deduct $4. $2 from Available Funds and $2 from the reward. Then the second renewal will be the normal $2 reward.

What you got was the normal $2 reward after the fact which gets used at the next renewal.

funpig

<deleted>

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tehowennathe wrote:

My card is supposed to come in tomorrow but have to active new sim to public Mobile today as won't have time tomorrow as leaving for vacation on Thursday. Will just go without the $2 off this time and add card for next time

With the several odd quirks around here...if you do use a voucher then please do report back your results of activating with a voucher. I expect you won't get the initial $2 autopay of course. But I do wonder if you will in fact get the extra data. Quirks happen. If you're more comfortable to not advertise the quirk then please reply via pm.

tehowennathe

My card is supposed to come in tomorrow but have to active new sim to public Mobile today as won't have time tomorrow as leaving for vacation on Thursday. Will just go without the $2 off this time and add card for next time

You can get a prepaid visa from CanadaPost locations that will work.  Add funds to the card to cover $50 plus taxes, and away you go.  AutoPay can be enabled at the time of purchase for that $2 off next cycle...

tehowennathe

Awesome. That's fine since as soon as I get new card will set up autopay

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@tehowennathe hi sure you can you just won't get the 2 dollar auto pay bonus or 500 mb 

Need Help? Let's chat.