cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my account activated.

rishikaaggarwal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Due to the pandemic, I had to leave Canada and come back to my home country. I would like to keep my account activated and have the same phone number when I come back. Is there a minimum payment plan or any other option to do so?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma  I think you provided the wrong link.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rishikaaggarwal wrote:

Due to the pandemic, I had to leave Canada and come back to my home country. I would like to keep my account activated and have the same phone number when I come back. Is there a minimum payment plan or any other option to do so?

Thank you!

Depends on how long your going to be gone. The $15 plan is the lowest. It'll expire after 30 days but then you'll have 90 days to renew the plan before your account will close for good.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rishikaaggarwal switch your plan down to the $15 on next renewal.  Remove your autopay credit card afterwards. Then you will have 119 days from then to reactivate your service in order to keep your number. Heres an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-voicemail-greeting   https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan and here's how and where to do it. Have a safe trip.

20200416_143943.jpg

Please note, once your account is suspeneded, in order to keep it you have to reactivate your service. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you're on auto-pay disable it by logging into your account and clicking payment then manage autopay.

At your payment due date. Do not pay. Your account will go to Suspended status. At 90 days the account gets deleted and lost of number..so remember to log back into your account around 85 days and make a payment to reactivate the account if you're going to be in another country for that long. If you're coming back sooner than 90 days just leave account suspended and reactivate on your return to Canada.

Stay safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.