cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep the same phone number?

Filsector
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on a provider, but I wanted to change to another company, but I would like to have the same phone number. Is possible with public Mobile? 

4 REPLIES 4

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Filsector wrote:

I'm on a provider, but I wanted to change to another company, but I would like to have the same phone number. Is possible with public Mobile? 

Yes, This is called porting in/out.

Important Notes: The follow are a few conditions that need to be met for a successful port:

- you don't have an outsanding balance with them

- your hardware is not on agreement with them

- you actually own the number (example: corporate phone with a corporate admin that owns it)

- the number your attempting to port in is within the same area code (example: you can't port a Toronto area code # to Vancouver)

If you're porting from one of their upper teir services; you'll need to work with a mod.  You can search for the topic; I'm not familiar, as I've not done it before.

Good Luck with the port!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Filsector wrote:

Yes it's possible to port your number from a different provider to public mobile. You need to keep your account with the other company active during the port. If it's with koodo and prepaid you will need help from the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and ask them to help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can keep your current number and port it to Public Mobile.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Filsector wrote:

@Filsector  If you are trying to bring your phone number from another provider its called porting your number in. The number is yours and you should be able to bring it over in almost every case (some voip/burner numbers no)

What number are you trying to port and where is it from? Landline or mobile?

*sometimes* the previous provider will charge you a port out fee or make you jump through hoops if you are a recent customer / new account. Also keep in mind if you are porting a VOIP number that number will always be classified as voip even if you bring it to a legit company like telus/public mobile and may never be able to use for verification purposes like google / banks, etc

Need Help? Let's chat.