cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep rewards, change number, keep old number.

TechCowboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an unusual need

My existing number is for the province of BC, and has my rewards
I am moving to PE, so I want to change my number

** Now the tricky part **

I want to move my existing BC number to a new account (because I can't have two number on one account), and have a new PE number.  The PE number will have my rewards going forward.

I can't figure out how to accomplish this.

Current:
BC - '604' number w/ rewards

Desired:
PE - new '902' number w/ rewards from previous '604' number
BC - move '604' number to new account (only for a few months) which will be forwarded to PE number

9 REPLIES 9

@TechCowboy wrote:

Why has something been marked as a solution?  There is NO solution to this problem.

Correct; I did do that. The "solution" points to that answer for future searches so no one needs to read it 5 times.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TechCowboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why has something been marked as a solution?  There is NO solution to this problem.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Note: If you change your BC to the PE above you will lose your current BC number. What you need to do is to port the BC number to another provider (open up an account) and then open a new Public Mobile account with a different email (or alias) and then port the BC number back into the newely created PM account.

No, won't work. When you port the bc number out, Public Mobile account gets closed.  Moderators will not help with this.

@cavemantoronto  You are correct. Thanks for pointing it out I will edit my post.

@geopublic wrote:

Note: If you change your BC to the PE above you will lose your current BC number. What you need to do is to port the BC number to another provider (open up an account) and then open a new Public Mobile account with a different email (or alias) and then port the BC number back into the newely created PM account.

You might also run it by the Public Mobile Team. 

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

No, won't work. When you port the bc number out, Public Mobile account gets closed.  Moderators will not help with this.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@TechCowboy wrote:

I have an unusual need

I want to move my existing BC number to a new account (because I can't have two number on one account), and have a new PE number.  The PE number will have my rewards going forward.

Current:

Desired:
BC - move '604' number to new account (only for a few months) which will be forwarded to PE number

@TechCowboyRewards are tied to the account number and not the phone number. So if you want your existing rewards to be asscoiated with your PE number then you would need to change the number on the account from the BC number to the PE number.

Your best bet is to ask the Public Mobile Team.

to see if there is a workaround The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

Techcowboy, you can't do as you asked, but you could open a new account and number at some other carrier.  Forward Public Mobile number to new number.  When don't need old number, port new number from other carrier to old Public Mobile account.   

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TechCowboy , rewards are not transferable.  They will forever reside in the original account that issued the referral.  May I ask, why are you getting a new account?  Why not do a number change in the original account.  Doing a number change will not affect referrals. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@TechCowboy This is simply not possible as your account would get deactivated automatically once you port out your number. There is no way to accomplish what you are looking to do. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@TechCowboy wrote:

I have an unusual need

Current:

Desired:

No, can't be done. Public Mobile won't allow phone numbers to be moved to different accounts. You would have change number on old account to keep rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.