cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep old phone number?

Cindymand94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new. How do I keep my old phone number?

10 REPLIES 10

@uttsjs wrote:

Thank you.  Just ordered my sim card and getting ready to set up with Public.  My phone is currently a prepaid Koodo so  I was curious.   Seems like some were able to move the number over on their own.  As suggested I'll set up with a new number and try and transfer once it is working. 

Please follow the instructions provided earlier. Public Mobile customers cannot submit a request to port from a Koodo prepaid account on their own.

uttsjs

Thank you.  Just ordered my sim card and getting ready to set up with Public.  My phone is currently a prepaid Koodo so  I was curious.   Seems like some were able to move the number over on their own.  As suggested I'll set up with a new number and try and transfer once it is working. 

@uttsjs wrote:

Not sure what mod help is? "Koodo prepaid and some other numbers will require mod help. "

This means that if the phone number is coming from a Koodo prepaid account, you can not submit the phone number trasnfer yourself. You will need to ask Public Mobile customer servcie tod o it for you by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ .

uttsjs

Not sure what mod help is? "Koodo prepaid and some other numbers will require mod help. "

jeffreyd9

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jeffreyd9 wrote:

Glad it worked out! If you refer anyone, let them know that Koodo numbers can be ported using the initial port feature when they sign up.

In the case of Koodo prepaid numbers they cannot be done during activation. Porting of these phone numbers requires asking Moderator_Team.

I'm not arguing, but every Koodo number I tried when moving my family over worked,  Just try your number before activating to make sure.

@jeffreyd9 wrote:

Glad it worked out! If you refer anyone, let them know that Koodo numbers can be ported using the initial port feature when they sign up.

In the case of Koodo prepaid numbers they cannot be done during activation. Porting of these phone numbers requires asking Moderator_Team.

jeffreyd9

Cindymand94

I now have my old phone number again. Thanks for your help.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Cindymand94 hi when you sign up you can port your number over at that time or a lot of people suggest you take a temp number and after you see everything is working you go into your self serve account that you create and change it there remember to keep your old account active till port is complete

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I find the best way is to activate an account with a temporary number then once service is working sign into self serve click plan and addons and then select change number. Here you can change to an existing  number (port),  enter the number you want to change to and the old providers account number and name on account. Koodo prepaid and some other numbers will require mod help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.