cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just switched today and incoming calls go straight to voicemail

jwaugh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I switched to public mobile today (about 5 hours ago) and all my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I am able to recieve texts though and I have decent service (between 2-4 bars), and I did reset my phone. Any ideas on why this may be happeneing would be very much appreciated!! - Jenny

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, some threads simply do not have a solution, while others high do, simply have original posters who either do not know, or care, to mark a thread as solved.

I don’t expect to see my responses to be marked as the solution, I’m simply trying to assist those that need help.

Yeah. I know. That's why I said I wish and then that it doesn't happen all the time. As am I. I always like to know the outcome whether positive or negative.

Nor did I use the word solution. Just the outcomes. You post a response and then the customer is gone. Silence. Well...what happened?! Oh well.

@Anonymous, some threads simply do not have a solution, while others high do, simply have original posters who either do not know, or care, to mark a thread as solved.

I don’t expect to see my responses to be marked as the solution, I’m simply trying to assist those that need help.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm glad you got your issue resolved @jwaugh

It could be lots of things combined. Possibly the Moderators were able to fix it on their end and your message drew their attention to it or more time was needed for the issue to resolve.

In my case, me contacting the Moderators alerted them to the stuck port and they resubmitted it without requring anymore input from me. Sometimes they're missing information, like a PIN from the previous provider to release the number or an incorrect IMEI which was entered during activation.

I hope you haven't missed too many incoming calls since yesterday.

Have a good evening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jarvar wrote:

Thank you for the input @Anonymous.

I know the green box and check mark indicate that a thread was solved, but I didn't see @jwaugh chime back in that everything was working like it's supposed to so I thought I would check up on the issue since I had the same one and at first I was feeling pretty frustrated that my account wasn't functioning the way it was supposed to.

That's very thoughtful. I wish all threads got their closure when asking questions. It certainly doesn't happen all the time.

jwaugh: Glad it got sorted and thanks for letting us know. If only everybody did as much.

jwaugh

@Anonymous, that's a very good possibility I did that, or I thought 'ya that seems like a good idea' and just clicked away without taking the time to see what I was doing - it was my first experience with this community forum so either way, my bad. Thank you for understanding!

@Jarvar, I just got a call on my PM phone! Not sure how it got fixed, whether it was the Mods or it just needed a bit more time to port the number over completely, it's working to it's full potential now!  Thank you again for your suggestions!

Jenny

Jarvar

Thank you for the input @Anonymous.

I know the green box and check mark indicate that a thread was solved, but I didn't see @jwaugh chime back in that everything was working like it's supposed to so I thought I would check up on the issue since I had the same one and at first I was feeling pretty frustrated that my account wasn't functioning the way it was supposed to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwaugh wrote:

Hi there!

Sorry I mistakenly marked my issue as resolved, I didn't even notice I did that. I am not too sure how to un-mark it but I will figure that out. I appreciate you messaging to let me know though, I will be more careful!

Jenny

Well...what you marked is probably the "solution" as it were so it could be left alone. But if an Oracle thinks otherwise then I guess not.

jwaugh

Hi there!

Sorry I mistakenly marked my issue as resolved, I didn't even notice I did that. I am not too sure how to un-mark it but I will figure that out. I appreciate you messaging to let me know though, I will be more careful!

Jenny

jwaugh

Hi Jarvar, 

It hasn't been resolved yet, sorry I didn't mean to mark it as resolved on that post earlier. Thank you for your suggestion! I did message the moderators and will message them again with my PIN because it sounds like I am having the same issue you did. I really appreciate you reaching out!

Jenny

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jarvar:

Great to be helpful and all but you know how the big green box and the little green check mark indicates that the thread was solved right?

I'm only saying this because you asked if the issue was solved. Otherwise whatever.

Well there you go. 🙂

Jarvar

Welcome to Public Mobile @jwaugh

Did the suggestions solve your issue?

If it hasn't been resolved, I would suggest you go ahead and contact the Moderator team with a private message with all your account information following @krazykiwi posts.

I had a similar issue with one of my phone lines when I ported over to Public Mobile. The issue was a stuck port and would only get fixed by the moderator resubmitting the request. I could receive texts and make outgoing calls, but all incoming calls went directly to the Voicemail of my previous provider. The problem did not correct on its own. I only found out there was a glitch a few days after when trying to call into the number. I had to contact the Moderator team directly with my PIN and account details and they corrected everything within a couple hours and I received a text when the account setup was complete.

I hope you get your issue dealt with in a timely matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwaugh wrote:
I have to say, I do like this community option much better than a call center!! Thank you again 🙂

Wow. That's new. Most people come in here ready to set their hair on fire over not being able to call someone.

Welcome.

jwaugh

I will give that a try! Thank you for your suggestion 🙂

jwaugh

Hi!

Thank you for your suggestion, great idea! I checked and I am able to receive calls. I put in my old SIM and it still worked so it looks like something got stuck when my number was ported over. Another member suggested that it may take 24 hours for everything to complete. I have to say, I do like this community option much better than a call center!! Thank you again 🙂

Jeyander
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Give the migration about 24 hours to fully be completed. After 24 hours if the problem still exist then what you could do, is to remove your Sim and reinsert it again. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Let's start with the easy ideas first. Is your phone set to recieve calls ? Perhaps it's set to direct all calls to vm. Make sure you have a valid calling plan also. Welcome to PM and good luck.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@jwaugh wrote:

Hi! I switched to public mobile today (about 5 hours ago) and all my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. I am able to recieve texts though and I have decent service (between 2-4 bars), and I did reset my phone. Any ideas on why this may be happeneing would be very much appreciated!! - Jenny

If you ported a number fro a previous carrier sometimes it gets stuck part way through.

Try your old sim and if it works continue using it. In the meantime contact the Mods.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."

Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  '

In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin? Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply? Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received. Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.