cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just switched from Telus - Cellular network doesn't come up shows "No service"

Lyse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help.  I just switched my iphone 6 over from Telus and in the top left corner where the cellular provider is usually diplayed it just shows 'No service".  MMS/calling/data doesn't work.  

My husband switched his phone over months ago the exact same way with no issues.  Anyone have any suggestions? Thx.

20 REPLIES 20

akvk9500

Problem solved! Apparently some of hear SIM activations are experiencing glitches. Hopefully less and less from now on. Overall good and pretty fast experience with PM customer service!

Thanks again to the tech support.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@akvk9500, Hi there!  We are sorry for the inconveniences you might have been experiencing with your services but we have already responded back to you in the private message you sent us. Can you please check it for recent updates on this matter? Thank you! 

akvk9500

Still waiting for a reply from them... Sent them all my info. I really need this to be figured out. I've paid for the sim and the plan and set up auto-pay but what's the point if this isn't working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @akvk9500, In order to get you account activation checked, you need to send a private message to the moderators team.  Be sure to indicate your account number and PIN, in order to speed things up.  That said, the moderators are gone for the day, but will be back at 9AM (EST).

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.
Also, please do not post any personal information here in the community, as it is open for anyone to see.  You can edit your post by clicking on the 3 dots in the top right corner of your post.

EDIT:  Just noticed that you already sent a PM.  You'll need to wait until the morning to get a reply...

akvk9500

Also not connected to another

network. Sent a PM an hour ago and Zero response... Hoping to find a solution before end of day here.

akvk9500

Phone is unlocked. Can't send texts or make calls. No other phone to test. Can you guys check the activation is ok on your side? 613-+++++++

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @akvk9500,  Sorry to hear your having issues with your account setup.  Not sure exactly what was meant by reset network settings, but have you checked to ensure you are not manually connected to another network?

Also, is your phone locked to another provider by any chance?  If you have another (unlocked - or telus) phone, you could try your SIM in there to see if that might work.  Then at least you would know that the account is not the issue.

Can you make outgoing calls/send texts?

akvk9500

How do u restart network settings? I'm having the same problem. No answer from moderator

ky01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Glad to hear you're being taken care by the moderators!

Lyse

I have been contacted by a moderator and there was an issue with my SIM card activation so they are working on it. Thanks for all the suggestions - hopefully I am up and running shortly....

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Reset the network settings. It will work most likely. 

@Lysewrote:

I can't do either

As mentioned above, try the sim in your husband's iphone and see if it works. This will show if the problem is with your iphone or with the account activation.

Lyse

I can't do either

matbasm

@Lyse, although porting can take several hours, or even more sometimes, you should be able to make outgoing calls, and send texts immediately.

Lyse

Thanks I have sent them a message.  I think something went wrong with the activation.  I have also read on the community that porting can sometimes take a few hours so I will try to be patient.....

ky01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Have you tried inserting your SIM into your husband's phone to see if his phone also shows "no service" with your SIM card? If you still get the same error with your husband's phone, I would venture to guess that your activation did not go through properly and you will need to message the moderators for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If absolutely nothing is working, then you might want to send a private message to the moderators team.  They can check to make sure that everything is set up OK on the account side.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Lyse

and I have rebooted the phone a couple times. We switched this phone over in the exact same method my husband did his phone a few months back which worked like a charm - my phone not so much

Lyse

Yes I am set for automatic

matbasm

@Lyse, Did you check your network settings.  Are you set to automatic?  Also, just to be sure, you did restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.