cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up for PM. Was promised one free month but my Master Card was charged right away.

gmthorne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

16 REPLIES 16

mrtonedogg

I just activated my plan, so I'll wait till the 30 day period is up and see if I get that "one month" credit. If not, then I'll try to talk to the moderator.

thx

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrtonedogg : Then that agent mis-informed you. That was not the wording of the promo. But the fact that an agent DID say it, you have a case in my opinion. You'll need to contact the moderators and make that case.

It's not a free first month by the way. It's a credit of the amount of the plan you activated on. The promo will arrive before that first renewal.

mrtonedogg

No, I did not activate my plan online. And that's my concern regarding the eligibility of the "free month of service". But before I went to Walmart, I spoke with a Public agent on Live Chat, and I asked him could I go to a store and activate a plan and still be qualified. He said yes, as long as I provide the csr at the store with the same email address, which I did.

Has anyone taken this route to receive their "bonus"?

Thx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrtonedogg : No because "as advertised" said to activate online.

mrtonedogg

I signed up for the same promotion. First, by entering my email address with Public before January 25. Then, rather than registering online, I went to Walmart in person before February 8 and bought a sim card and signed on with Public with a service rep in the store, using the same email address. Would I still get the "one month free service" as advertised?

gmthorne

Thank you for the explanation.  I appreciate your friendly reply.

gmthorne

Thank you.  I did not see that, 84 years old, eyes probably not as sharp as they once were. 

gmthorne

It may have been there for sure but at 84 years old, these explanations are easy for me to miss. 

gmthorne

Thank you. 

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I signed up I got my credit the 2nd month. At first it didn't show and I worried, but it all worked out. So far I am loving PM so much cheaper than my old plan 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gmthorne 

All the folks who replied here are absolutely correct, and we've all gotten this question many, many times.

I COMPLETELY understand the misunderstanding on your part.

On the landing page for this promotion, Boxing Week Savings (publicmobile.ca) it states, in part:

"Start the New Year with a month of free service on us. For a Limited time only, get a month of free service when you enter your email below and activate on any plan by February 8."

Unless prospective customers are seeing the promotion listed under the Community announcement pages, or reading the terms and conditions all the way in a bottom link on the promo landing page, it's unclear that it's the 2nd month that's free.

Still - it's a pretty sweet deal with the added data bonus, but that's why your card was charged for the 1st month.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

@gmthorne  Provided the criteria was met to be eligible for the promotion. You will see the credit applied to your account within 30 days of activation but before next renewal.

On the other hand if you used a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus. That will be credited to your account within 72 hour's of activation.

Take note. Plans are not monthly there 30 days.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@gmthorne The key here is "a" free month as opposed to the first month free. You would have seen it in the terms and conditions of the offer.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@gmthorne  Hi it says in the promo that it is your second month free welcome to public

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

For promos you always pay for the first 30 days. Your second 30 days will be in the form of a credit within 30 days

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Your second month (30 day cycle)  is free

Need Help? Let's chat.