cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just set up phone for my son and the number is linked to someone else when I call him. Yet he is abl

skipping70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I had also been interested in getting a "traditional" area code/prefix. But some of the new ones going by made me raise my eyebrow. Oh that's a nifty number. Oh that's cool. Oh alright...I'll take that one...and finally bit on a new number.

The dealer in this case was likely a shady dealer of shady products shall we say. But that could just be my imagination.

@computergeek541 : Yes I know...I was relaying the story to softech.

@Anonymous  to avoid getting  dealer's old number.. i guess we should always try to get numbers from new area codes, better chance to get a brand new numbers (aka virgin numbers  🙂 ) . but honest.. i am also those that always like to fish numbers from the old original area codes as much as I can.. yes, i know i am asking for troubles. LoL

@Anonymous 

Any reused number (or even a new number) could be linked to someone 's credit history.

However, in this case, I interpret the number being called and actually going to someone else.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@skipping70 

Maybe you should contact the PM moderator by clicking on the SIMon chat button and create a ticket for them to look into your son’s new number.

You might have to pick a new number if the number was assigned to 2 people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : My first (still main) line here had something similar. It kept getting these calls that seemed to me to be people looking for a guy that I was imagining was some kind of dealer. I just kept saying wrong number. Eventually it all died down. I kept getting several calls of collectors and such looking for him though. I've since moved and got a never used number (can I say virgin? 🙂 ) .

Saw this issue a lot here.. I wonder if it is a Telus system issue or if it is common with other providers as well.

@skipping70 

This actually happened to me in the past, but the other way around as I had my numbers for years, but Telus assigned my number by mistake to a new customer. The number change option mentioned is really your only option. The new customer  (in this case, you) would eventually be forced to change it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@skipping70  If your son was not transferring his number from another carrier, it will probably be quicker to log into his account, click Change Number and follow the directions to choose a new number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skipping70 : If this is a new number and not transferred in then just go ahead and pick another number under the Change Number function. You can keep refreshing the selections to get more choices.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Can you provide more details ?  Do you get an error message ?

Need Help? Let's chat.