cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased an upgrade Plan..how do I know its operational? Any refunds for paying for 2 plans at

pamtara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased an upgrade plan and also paid for my current plan.  I see the 2 charges on my bank account for my original(current) plan and my new updated plan.  Will I get a refund? 

I only need the new updated plan which was purchased yesterday February 23, 2021.

How will I know when my new plan is operational?

16 REPLIES 16

@pamtara 

There's a bit of a learning curve....but just spend a little time here and you can learn a lot to avoid mistakes like the one getting resolved. Read a little, ask a question, bravo a good response, use the search bar.....a half hour here, an hour there, you'll soon get the hang of things....

pamtara

Thank you.  I am new to this online forum, so I am learning and is getting the issue resolved.

pamtara

Thank you.  I am getting the issue resolved.

Hope it works out for you, @pamtara 

Good Luck!!!

pamtara

Thank you!!

ankitmehta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you can check your account overview it must be updated in your public mobile profile.

pamtara

Thank you.   I contacted the moderator and am awaiting a reply.

pamtara

Thank you.  I sent a message to the moderator and am awaiting a reply.

Click plan details. It appears addons only appear for ones you have paid for.....not any freebies show. Oops that’s not true.....I would have never bought data......or did I🤪🤪

472C9CB1-0E10-4BE7-9BD1-9A36CA8DE486.jpeg

You can go into My Account and it will show what account you are on. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire
@pamtara wrote:

I just purchased an upgrade plan and also paid for my current plan.  I see the 2 charges on my bank account for my original(current) plan and my new updated plan.  Will I get a refund? 

I only need the new updated plan which was purchased yesterday February 23, 2021.

Hi @pamtara ,

If you were charged twice then did you create a 2nd account?

When you say "purchased an upgrade plan" did you activate a new SIM card? If so, you created another account. To know if it is operational insert SIM and test!

You may need to try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

OR did you go this route?

The "Change Plan" option in your SELF SERVE account. 

esjliv_0-1614215709425.png

If so, then I would recommend to "Change on next renewal date". It will automatically start the new plan when your plan renews.

esjliv_1-1614215709432.png

I would not recommend "Change plan now", since you will be charged right away for the new plan and lose out on the $'s you already paid in your current cycle.

Which method did you do?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pamtara Just wondering if you switching onto your new plan at the end of your plan cycle? If you switched while on your old plan cycle I would think you will be billed for both.

Contract the PM mediator and see what they can do for you.

Hi @pamtara

Did you already complete an Immediate plan change?    You'll know based on your Plan Details on your self-serve page.

If so, contact Moderators as provided in my initial response and hope they can amend the Immediate plan change to a plan change upon your next renewal instead.

And in doing so, maybe they may be willing to amend the charge for the immediate plan change already done.   If not, at least maybe they can allow the charge to be applied to your Available Funds to go as a credit against your next renewal.

pamtara

Yes, I would like to have my plan ugraded on the next next cycle.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@pamtara wrote:

If you chose to Change Plan Now  you will not receive any credit for the unused portion of your old plan. You can look at your Plan  Details in self service. Contact moderators if you meant to choose Change plan on next renewal date.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pamtara 

You may be out of luck. There are no refunds at public mobile.

You may request the moderators for leniency if you made your plan change immediate versus scheduling it for the next renewal.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.