cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ported over, data and calling out works...

guhtuhluh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community, 

Just ported over from Freedom, I am able to start calls and use data on my phone. However, I am unable to receive calls from cellphones or landline. I've tried to restart the phone. Verified my APN settings, and topped up my balance. I have also reached out to a mod. 

11 REPLIES 11

@guhtuhluh wrote:

I ported over around 2:30 PM PDT today. 

Usually porting is almost instantaneous with a retail store so I was confused as to why it is taking longer than 4 hours. 

I think port failed if still not done.  If it lets you in, you into Freedom account to get account #.  Then send message to moderator_team and get them to do it again.

aaronskogs

It was the same for me when I ported from telus. Didn't even need to reset my phone or anything!

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@guhtuhluh 

Surprisingly when I ported from Rogers to PM, it worked instantly 😎

@guhtuhluh wrote:

Usually porting is almost instantaneous with a retail store so I was confused as to why it is taking longer than 4 hours. 

The time it takes to complete a port depends on who are the two carriers involved.  If the number port is between to Telus owned carrier brands, it is instantaneous.  If it is from a competing brand, it usually takes 30 minutes up to a couple of hours.  From time to time Bell likes to intrude into the process so that they can beg the customer not to leave.  That can impede a port until an agent makes contact with the customer and subsequently releases the number. 

guhtuhluh

PMOttawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you should received an email once the port is completed. meanwhile you can try calling a friend and find out what is your temporary number.

I got lucky and was ported earlier today within 30 minutes.!

guhtuhluh

Thanks for letting me know! 

wickedgx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It usually takes a couple hours for receiving calls/text to work, depending on when you activate it. At midnight, takes around 30-45mins. Freedom just needs to release your number. Until then, you will only have access to making calls/text and data

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@guhtuhluh 

Might just need more time.  When did you exactly port over? 

It can take 2-3 hours for the port to be completed.  You have already contacted the moderator, so just sit tight for the next little while.  You can sometime continue to use your Freedom mobile SIM card and once that service stops, usually the port is completed.  

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@guhtuhluhTry using your Freedom SIM, if you can still recieve calls with it then your port hasn't been completed yet and you will have to wait a little while longer. If your Freedom SIM doesn't work you have an incomplete port and will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

FBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@guhtuhluh wrote:

Hello Community, 

Just ported over from Freedom, I am able to start calls and use data on my phone. However, I am unable to receive calls from cellphones or landline. I've tried to restart the phone. Verified my APN settings, and topped up my balance. I have also reached out to a mod. 

@guhtuhluh 

It's common to have porting partially done, and partially working like in your case.

If all your porting info was correct, you'll just have to wait it out.

If not, a mod will ask you for the correct info and fix it for you.

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.