cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ordered the sim card online

huffy47
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ordered the sim card,now I'm trying to make an account but it keeps asking me for my Public phone number ???

7 REPLIES 7

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would also consider ordering a second a sim from Amazon (if you have prime) or from canadian cell phone supplies as they are usually fast and sometimes cheaper with their specials. The reason for ordering a second is to have it as a backup in case of your SIM going bad or getting hacked. 

MonsieurLeMoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Once you've gotten your sim card in hand, feel free to click on Getting Started at the top of the Public Mobile website and press Activate Sim under Step 2. There, you can input your new SIM card number and set up your account to get things going.

As mentioned above, you likely clicked My Account and tried to create a self-serve account. These accounts are for people who have already activated their Public Mobile accounts. Feel free to ignore this in your case.

Hope this helps!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@huffy47 

As noted by all members, you need a PM SIM number first to create an self serve account before going any further.

If you ordered from PM then it may take up to 3 weeks to arrive.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@huffy47  - my SIM card took about 3 weeks to arrive.  It looks like you have already set up the Community Account, and as for the Self Serve you will set that up once the SIM card arrives.  This is when you will activate your account.  Don't forget to use a friends referral code to get $10 off, and welcome to Public Mobile!

Nadia2021
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1st you get your simcard, 

then you can activate your account by using the simcard information. Then you can use the activated public mobile phone number to create the account which is also named self service account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@huffy47 

A My Account, also known as a SELF SERVE account, is only for an active public mobile account/phone number (or an account suspended  due to nonpayment within 90 days).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@huffy47 : The "account" made ordering a SIM card has no relation to a service account. That account needs the SIM # to get it going.

Edit: when you get your SIM (which might take a few weeks unfortunately) click on the Activate thing up top and get going from there.

Need Help? Let's chat.