cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just moved to Public Mobile

hzaman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just moved to Public Mobile from Freedom.

What first things should I do? Is there mobile app of Public Mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'd recommend getting involved in this community if that's your sorta thing and get some rewards!

Weldorman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CannonFodder 

Incidentally would probably have been a better choice than "accidentally", but I've learned more by accident so far, despite my best attempt to learn nothing.  But hey, when you think about it, here we are having discussions with a bunch of people anywhere in Canada about a CELL PHONE PLAN!!  Who'da thunk it?

@Weldorman wrote:

Beside that, get involved with the Community (even if only reading some of the posts) since you can accidently learn a lot about how PM works.

I'm enjoying my association with PM, and hope you do too!

😆  True, but kinda funny! 😆  👍 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to public mobile! There's no app here, just low prices.

If you activated in-store, you'll need to create your self serve account.

If you activated at home, then your account was automatically created.

Store your pin, security question/answer and other account info in a safe place.

Register your credit card to sign-up for autopay for $2 off every renewal.

In one year, you'll start to qualify for the loyalty reward.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@hzaman Start spreading the news. Tell your friends, you win and they win. We all save.

Welcome to PM!

Agree.  A calculation is better than a thousand word.  Take the $15 plan as an example.

Activate a $15 plan  with a referral code  $10

Enable autopay $2 credit after activation

Refer 1 friend to PM $20

Second 30 days credit $15

Total available fund = $47 which is enough to pay almost 4 months of service at

$12/m = $15 - $2 autopay - $1 refer-a-friend

With this calculation, PM plan is basically doing the selling for you with the current 2 promos.  Be hurry before these 2 promos expire.

Weldorman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hzaman   HI!  Welcome to Public Mobile!

I recently came here, and one of the best features I found is available on your My Account page, and that is your Usage report.  You can find it on the left for both your Mobile and Data.  Using this, you will instantly find all your calls (to and from) as well as number and whether it was text or a call, and how much data was used per call.

If you, like me, want to keep track of your Data in order to keep costs down, the Data Usage tells you how much you have on your account, how much you;ve used, and what you have remaining.  I tend to use WIFI whenever possible to keep costs down, and this helps a lot!

Beside that, get involved with the Community (even if only reading some of the posts) since you can accidently learn a lot about how PM works.

I'm enjoying my association with PM, and hope you do too!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@hzaman Dialing 611 from your phone is another source to check info about your account and if you want to make a payment or purchase add-ons. Have a look at the KB link in my signature. There are many KB articles that you can read about to familiarize yourself with the Slef-serve and the community. 

@hzaman Start spreading the news. Tell your friends, you win and they win. We all save.

Welcome to PM!

@hzaman  Welcome to public mobile. @GR  suggestion is a good one. Get to know you account. Take some screenshots for record keeping. Usage history. Transaction history. Overview page. Store them somewhere safe. The overview will be good for verification purposes if you forget your password or pin#, security question and answer. Write those down as they are not listed. Then if you forget you have something to refer to.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@hzaman no there's no app so far.  You can log in to self serve if you need to check your usage. Did you enable autopay to save 2$ a month?   Welcome to public mobile! 

Need Help? Let's chat.