cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just joined and half data gone without actual usage (Happened on 2 different accounts)

Hello,

I have just joined Publicmobile with 1 gb plan and somehow 500mb is already used. All I've done was sending and receiving TEST text and picture messages.

I've activated a 2nd, similar account and same thing happened.

Any thoughts please ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Just joined and half data gone without actual usage (Happened on 2 different accounts)

@User1954 wrote:

Both phones were used with other provider and were up to date.

I did run speed tests on google and ookla 3-4 times each.

Sorry, but that means that you used the data. Speedtest.net is a bandwidth hog. I've personally used 500MB before on a single test.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Just joined and half data gone without actual usage (Happened on 2 different accounts)

@User1954  Are you sure it's 500MB and not 5MB? Public Mobile reserves a 5 MB buffer initially but releases it back you and does not count towards your usage.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@User1954 can you show the screenshot of your self-service account with data info? Hide confidential things. Also make sure that you restricted your apps to update via phone data.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@User1954 Are you using new phones? The first time using them, there are many apps to downlaod and system software.

Are you using iPhone? imessage uses data and if you send many pictures, that counts.

Highlighted

It says 

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
    553.534  /  1024 MB
Highlighted

Screenshot_20200915-233950_Samsung Internet.jpg

Highlighted

Both phones are Android.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@User1954 My guess is app installations. Did you test the speed?  That uses alot. First 2 days is fast LTE and can be used very quickly.

Highlighted

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@User1954 wrote:

Sorry, but that means that you used the data. Speedtest.net is a bandwidth hog. I've personally used 500MB before on a single test.

View solution in original post

Need Help? Let's chat.