cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just joined. Charges on transaction history confusing!

RYoulton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined PM on the $50 plan (plus $10 off for 8 months).  On my tranacation history there were 2 charges applied - $40 for the "$50 Plan 8.5GB" and $10 for "30-Day Plan".  Obviously, these two charges add up to the $50 price of the plan, but why are the charges applied in this manner? Why not apply one charge for the $50 Plan at $50??  Makes sense to me!  The way it was done I am not even sure what this $10 charge means.  Is it correct?!  

Also, I read elsewehere that the $10 "off" does not come until the end of the first month - is that correct? 

4 REPLIES 4

@RYoulton wrote:

I just joined PM on the $50 plan (plus $10 off for 8 months).  On my tranacation history there were 2 charges applied - $40 for the "$50 Plan 8.5GB" and $10 for "30-Day Plan".  Obviously, these two charges add up to the $50 price of the plan, but why are the charges applied in this manner? Why not apply one charge for the $50 Plan at $50??  Makes sense to me!  The way it was done I am not even sure what this $10 charge means.  Is it correct?!  

Also, I read elsewehere that the $10 "off" does not come until the end of the first month - is that correct? 

Consider yourself lucky if it only shows two lines of entries in that manner. I know that it can be confusing, but it doesn't affact your payment or services. Public Mobile is one of the services for which it's sometimes best not to know all the details how how things work or what the website says. A good example of that is how the self serve page will show a warning about your account being suspended when there's nothing wrong with your service.

With the custom plan builder being mentioned earlier, those discounts made the payment history even more confusing. It would show an inflated plan price if you add up all the numbers, but the discount that was marketted as being for choosing 2 or 3 of talk, text, and data wouldn't show as an an amount that lowered the plan price, but rather as a payment equal to that discount.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RYoulton 

The separate line item charge can be traced be to the period PM is offering 90 days plan. The 30days line item will be replaced by the 90days.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@RYoulton Yes it takes up to 30 days for the credit to appear. And the $10 is applied in months 2 to 9.  it's how this company applies the payment. Welcome to PM. 

@RYoulton wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RYoulton, the line items are a bit wierd, but this is who they break down the fees.  Back in the day with plan builder, there were even more line items that include a discount for selecting all 3 services.  The best way forward is to make sure the total is correct and ignore how it was arrived at. 

Need Help? Let's chat.