cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just change from koodo to public mobile with the same number and then it's been 2 days that I can't

Max8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can't text or call

edited by computergeek541: copy and pasted content from tag into message body

17 REPLIES 17

I find it interesting for how mod reply sometimes.

It's good that Mod sees the case and jump in (honestly, they should do it more often).  But I saw Mod would post the validation link for the OP directly on the thread here.  So, anyone could have click on the link and stole the ticket.    I think Mod should send the link to OP inbox and just make a note on the thread asking the OP to check his/her inbox    This is just what I think.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Max8  please do not reply to the @CS_Agent in this public forum use the private messaging feature.

@CS_Agent  please be careful when posting in the public forums, your reply Could make the user post private info In the forum.  Was this meant to be a private message?

@J_PM  just a fyi

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

I hope your day is excellent!

I'm just following up on your case to check if you could provide me with the information requested to complete the process, I would like to mention about the system will close it in 24 hours since the creation of the ticket.

In case you have any other requests in the future you can always reach us back and we would be happy to help you.

We will be waiting for your response.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

Francis.
Public Mobile Community Moderator.

@dabr wrote:

@hTideGnow   I know you meant to tag OP in your post... 😊

@dabr   I want to know the brand of your phone, too.. LoL

Sorry for that.. updated..

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Max8 wrote:

It doesn't show public mobile and the signal level si full. I have no data or text or call in and out nothing.

@Max8   Did you contact moderators yet and ask them to take a look at your account?

@hTideGnow   I know you meant to tag OP in your post... 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit HERE 

or HERE 

for android visit HERE ,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you still not working you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, if you know it,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

@Max8   What brand of phone do you have?   

If it is a LG, maybe you need to do a network refresh

If it is an Apple, maybe you need to connect to a computer and get all the updates and carrier profile if available.

Also, you might want to go to Mobile network and manually pick Public Mobile instead of have it picked automatically.

You might also want to open a ticket with mod to confirm the provisioning was completed and have the mod check on the backend

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Mod will reply via the Community inbox here, please sure you keep checking that

Max8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It doesn't show public mobile and the signal level si full. I have no data or text or call in and out nothing.

good point @dabr , @computergeek541 , I missed the tag myself, too.   🤣

@computergeek541   Thanks, just reread OP's post and notice the tags about not being able to call or text which I missed on first read.

@Max8  and what is showing on top of the screen ?  do you see "Public Mobile" and what is the signal level?

@Max8 @Anonymous @dabr 

There very well could still be a porting issue, but this would not cause the inability to make phone calls or send text messages that Max8 is experiencing. This is likely an account provisioning issue and a Public Moderaror would be required to fix it.  There isn't much point in trying to troubleshoot any number porting issue until the Public Mobile is first made to work.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Max8  your line got cut off, what exactly you cannot do?

1. not receiving  incoming calls?

2. not able to make outgoing calls?

3. how about incoming text?

4. and outgoing text?

5. data?

Since it is a porting request, if you cannot receiving incoming calls and text, there is a number you can call to check the porting status.  I will send you via messaging in the Community Inbox.  Call the number and check the status.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Max8     Is it Koodo postpaid or prepaid...postpaid can be done at activation as long as you have also responded yes to the text from Koodo about transferring your number.  If your number is prepaid then you need moderator's assistance for the transfer who can be reached by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen and follow prompts to submit ticket.

Here is more info about transferring numbers: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

You can also try the Telus porting number which I will private message via the envelope icon top right next to your avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number Click HERE ,

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE,

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with us with a temporary phone number and after that let me know to help you with the port in.

that even if a person is not a customer of Public Mobile they can create an username under the Community and get in contact with a Moderator. Send any information related to the activation and the phone number that they want to transfer and then we can work with that in our system.

i hope that information for a new customer is will help them.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Need Help? Let's chat.