cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just activated yesterday - horrible call quality...any suggestions

diana33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switched to PM after a long tenure at Koodo....however, in the 24 hrs since activation, call quality has been absolutely horrendous;  static, dropped calls, not being able to hear the person calling me.    Using the same phone as before (iPhone 😎 and there were no issues with Koodo.  Very odd as I know they both share the Telus network.

Any suggestions?  I've done the whole reset network settings thing, along with turning off LTE.  At this point I wonder if something went wrong during activation, or if I need a replacement SIM card.

Please help - I can't continue like this and don't want to have to switch to another carrier if possible.

10 REPLIES 10

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@diana33 

It definitely could be a faulty port over like you suggested. I would follow the advice of @gpixel @darlicious 

Im also sorry you are having trouble. I promise it’s a great service if you can get though this patch 

@diana33 

Koodo prepaid or postpaid? And as @gpixel  suggested test it in your sons phone and his sim in yours to determine if it's sim or a phone issue.

@diana33 try your husband or sons sim in your phone and test to see if you have the same call quality issues. your sim card may be faulty

diana33

Another update. Telus technical support called back today.  Recommended that I change the network selection from automatic to manual. 

did so but interestingly only Telus, Bell, Rogers and Freedom show up as selections, no specific public mobile option (my son has PM as well and shows up on his list)

I am suspected the line wasn’t ported over correctly from Koodo to PM which is why I’m having these issues.   Any help appreciated!

@diana33 

That's not acceptable....of course there have been times where support took up to 48 hours but that hasnt been the case in a long time. Submit a service ticket via simon . Click on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in poor/non existent calling issue and Ask for a human. Follow the prompts to submit your service request. Normally its only a few hours at most but with the promotion its possible they are backed up. Hopefully they will respond to you soon.

diana33

So an update (or rather lack of one)....tried the various solutions offered.  Nothing worked.

My husband tries calling me and either it goes straight to voicemail (I don't hear it ring) or we get a connection where I hear every other word he says at best.

Moderators have not responded to my two messages - over 7 hrs later.

I regret switching from Koodo - saving the $10 a month was not worth this hassle.  You get what you pay for I guess.

@diana33 turn off your phone remove the sim turn on the phone and reinstall. while the sim is out, check the gold connections on the sim card to see if it has some dust/dirt on it

diana33

Many thanks - I will give it a shot!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@diana33 

There are some troubleshooting techniques you can try in the meantime but @gblackma is most likely correct that it is a sim provisioning issue that only the moderators can solve for you. Follow the instructions provided to contact them. Toggling airplane mode on/off can improve your connection to the network. Using the lost/stolen feature in your account may help reprovision your sim card.

After contacting the moderators be sure to keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@diana33 turn of Volte if on and restart your phone. If its every call, It's also possible that your SIM didn't provision properly.  Contact the moderstors and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.