cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just about to sign up

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am just about to sign up 3 new accounts for the $50 8gb plan with canada/us unlimited talk.

Here are 3 questions before I start...

1. Can I sign up as my account and then refer my wife and son?

2. The Unlimited talk US, does that mean I can travel to the US and call back to Canada without any charges?

3. If I travel to the US and don't care about data there my data will just not work there would be no charges right? Or would I have to shut off data when I get to the US. Traditionally I hook into the hotel internet.

4. The month free can I sign up and have it start for Christmas?

5. Since this is Telus is there visual call waiting?

A lot of questions I know but I hope I can get the answers.

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman slam dunk, man!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@KamWest wrote:

rt...

1. Can I sign up as my account and then refer my wife and son?

Yes, just need the phone number for referral.  You should get somebody's else phone number for 1st account to recieve $10 credit

2. The Unlimited talk US, does that mean I can travel to the US and call back to Canada without any charges?

No.  Only can call US from Canada.  You will need to buy a 10 day US roaming package.

3. If I travel to the US and don't care about data there my data will just not work there would be no charges right? Or would I have to shut off data when I get to the US. Traditionally I hook into the hotel internet.

No need to shut off data.  It will not work.  NO overages.

4. The month free can I sign up and have it start for Christmas?

You will just get the credit for 2nd month in your balance within 72 hours.  I don't think that you can time the 2nd free month unless you suspend your account via lost/stolen phone feature.  Don't forget to activate instore for free 2nd month.  

5. Since this is Telus is there visual call waiting?

No, visual call waiting.  Public Mobile is low fee, no frills type of company

A lot of questions I know but I hope I can get the answers.

See above for answers.  Any other questions, let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.