cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a quick question.

MadMardigan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am with Chatr and I am considered out of zone.

I am unable to get on their promo plans because of this.

If I send a picture in a txt message I get billed $0.50, if I receive a txt message with a picture, the data gets hit.

Has anybody on Public Mobile been charged for anything else but data for sending a picture in a txt message?

Thank you in advance

16 REPLIES 16

MadMardigan

MMS only

I am around wifi 95% of the time.

Thanx!

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MadMardigan wrote:

Thank you everyone for the quick reply!!!

ordering my SIM’s today.

Welcome to the Public Mobile family!! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@MrMonk, you mean MMS, rather than email right?  Email with attachments most certainly does use consumable data.

Well...if not using wifi. 🙂 MMS doesn't have that option.

@MrMonk, you mean MMS, rather than email right?  Email with attachments most certainly does use consumable data.

MrMonk

I’ve been with PM a month now and have sent many emails with pictures. I am on the $25 unlimited txt and talk and I have not been charged anything extra. Like a couple have already said, if you haven’t paid for it, it won’t work.

Shapla001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately, Days are still here, when providers are still charging based on Zones.

Fortunately, PM is not one of them.

No Zone, No MMS extra charges, happily ever after

MadMardigan

Thank you everyone for the quick reply!!!

ordering my SIM’s today.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MadMardigan

Chatr is zone based. There will be roaming charge on highway.  If you have available fund in your Chatr account, Chatr will take money out of available fund to pay for roaming charge. While I was with Chatr/Mobilicity, I have to leave $0 in my account to avoid extra charge to my account.

PM does not work that way as PM will leave your available fund in your account until next renewal date.  You have full control of the fund in your account. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MadMardigan, the question that you really have to ask yourself is why are you with a brand that has artificial zoning and charges 50c to send a message that costs 0.000000c to process?  Time to walk across to our side of the street. 

@barkachr wrote:

never , plans includes everything in Public mobile you can send pic as many you want

As long as your plan includes the according feature, in this case unlimited international text. So read what it is included before you commit to a ready made plan - or choose all of the desired options if you use the plan builder.

Note 1): You also need the text option if you want to receive texts.

Note 2): Take some time to explore all the options in the plan builder (if you want to customize your plan) - often 3 choices are the same price or cheaper than just 2 choices due to bigger discounts, or, with some 3G data plans, Canada wide talk is the same price as province wide talk.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barkachr wrote:

never , plans includes everything in Public mobile you can send pic as many you want

Well...except the $10 plan which is limited to 50 outgoing.

barkachr

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That’s right. If you are on a text plan with PM, you can text MMS, no data plan necessary.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MadMardigan

Pictures with text (MMS texts) are included in the various text plans with Public Mobile.  No extra charge and doesn't count as data.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@MadMardigan wrote:

If I send a picture in a txt message I get billed $0.50, if I receive a txt message with a picture, the data gets hit.

Has anybody on Public Mobile been charged for anything else but data for sending a picture in a txt message?

Thank you in advance

No you canno't be charged for ANYTHING else at public mobile. If you did not pay for it you can't use it. This is a pre-paid service. You either pre-pay or you don't have it. Picture messaging is unlimited, free and included in most plans.

ChatR is Rogers. Rogers is a scam, Rogers purchased the skydome on charging people overages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MadMardigan wrote:

Thank you in advance

Ain't no zones in Public Mobile.

From what I've learned here, MMS (picture texts) don't cost data to send or receive. You could not have any data in your plan and still S/R without extra cost.

Or I've learned incorrectly. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.