cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOINKOODOAUGDATA is not worth the effort

hitmanvinnie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Spent over 3 hours on the phone with Koodo after recieving the $40 8gig $180 credit text offer.

Their webstore is a joke as you are forced to deal with the workforce in central america or someplace similar.

Have 2 phones, both received the same offer but Koodo is a bit of a joke.

It took 20 minutes in a Walmart to port from Freedom cheapskates to Public mobile which was a pleasure. Moving from PM to Koodo is not worth the potential savings as you are forced to deal with incompetence and aggrivation.

Maybe its easy for some customers, but one would think moving between the same company would be graceful. IT IS NOT.

One would think after filling out all of the info online you would receive sims that would actually work when inserted but NO you must repeat the whole excercise again over and over and over until their excuses run thin.

Have only been with PM for 1 billing cycle now, hope to stay until the hills have eyes.

😉

28 REPLIES 28

jace829
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Out of curiosity, I tried using the code and when I entered my PM number, it said it wasn't valid...

parkerdcaudle

Did you have any issues when trying to port the PM number to Koodo where they ask for your PM Account Security PIN? It will not accept mine and I have even tried different options incase I had the PIN written down wrong. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@justinrggauthie wrote:

Well I wasn't going to ask the question here because, like you said, it's a PM forum, but this is a thread literally all about switching from PM to Koodo, and there were multiple questions and answers regarding this topic. So I decided I'd ask a question about it like every other poster on this thread. Thanks for the help though, I did find what I was looking on the Koodo forum.

Yeah I don't know. Something twigged. Sorry to single you out. Glad you got it sorted

justinrggauthie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well I wasn't going to ask the question here because, like you said, it's a PM forum, but this is a thread literally all about switching from PM to Koodo, and there were multiple questions and answers regarding this topic. So I decided I'd ask a question about it like every other poster on this thread. Thanks for the help though, I did find what I was looking on the Koodo forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@justinrggauthie wrote:

I've been looking online on the Koodo website, and going through selecting phones. How do I do that? Is it only available if I bring my own phone? Or am I able to purcahse a phone on there? The text states: "You may be eligible for a 0$ phone with the Koodo Tab." How do I find that out, or what phone I am allowed to have? Having a difficult navigating it corretly, or finding where to input the promo code.

Not to be too snotty and all but come on...there's a Koodo forum. This is Public Mobile.

justinrggauthie

I've been looking online on the Koodo website, and going through selecting phones. How do I do that? Is it only available if I bring my own phone? Or am I able to purcahse a phone on there? The text states: "You may be eligible for a 0$ phone with the Koodo Tab." How do I find that out, or what phone I am allowed to have? Having a difficult navigating it corretly, or finding where to input the promo code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My eyes play tricks on me.

I'm scanning the subject lines and I see that koodo promo code and my eyes and brain confuse it for an instant with JOHNCOUGARMELLENCAMP. I look closer and of course it's not.

Just weird brain quirks.

@jace829, if PM could magically fix all the system issues, and stop with all the promotions for a while, those responses would be flying in.  Sadly, fixing and delaying promos is not an apparent solution to Public Mobile, as it would work out best for all.

jace829

Yes, I've also had to wait about 3 days for a response from PM. I just joined last month and haven't seen the faster response times that I've heard about on here.

Let's hope you're not all waiting too long.  Offers seem to change quickly around here and targetting changes all the time also.

DMC

I think it's well worth it.  I know someone who was on PM for 3 weeks on the $45/5.5 gigs plan and got the koodo offer of $45/8 back in august.  He immediately jumped on it and had no problems switching.  Of course he got screwed because a week or two later koodo offered the $35/5 and $40/8 plans with $180 credit.

I've been with pm on the $120/6 lte plan for a little over a year, but just switched to the $40/4.5 plan last week. I'm now awaiting the koodo migration offer to switch as my number isn't valid for this current promotion, but was ironically valid for the $45/8, but I didn't jump at that because I didn't want to pay $45.

Last week I got my bro to switch from fido to PM for the $40/4.5 plan and my sister will be switching from chatr to PM this weekend.  We will all be waiting for the koodo migration offer to switch because that deal is just too good to pass up even if you had a poor initial experience.  Hopefully, we get the migration offers around black friday.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well to be fair, PM moderator turn around time has also increased quite a bit. As a PM customer, if the only way to get certain things fixed is via a message to the Mods, I'm ok with that, but it shouldn't take 48-72 hours for turnaround. I am aware of the reasons why, but that  doesn't really matter. 

Fortunately, I have not required moderator intervention for my account. I have had to message on behalf of others though.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Koodo's customer experience has definitely gone downhill in 2018.

30-90 minute wait times are the norm.

Honestly filing a complaint with the CCTS is the easiest way to have issues resolved.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I honor the terms of any contract I sign.  If Koodo want to change the goalposts, they will have to deal with the CCTS.  I suspect the reason Koodo allows this hole is because Koodo cannot legally force anyone to port out of Public Mobile without a stern talking to by various government agencies.  They can imply, or threaten though.   Will see if I am wrong.

@bridonca, if you do not port your PM number to this new koodo plan and you need further service from Koodo on this line expect further scrutinization when they realize that you didn't port a PM number and a potential to lose the plan all together.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I went to Koodo for the phone deal at The Mobile shop.   They have an LG G6 at the mobile shop on medium tab and I get $300 in points.  I had some points already, and I wanted to pay off the phone there and then to take advantage of Loblaw's tax free sale.   Turns out I can no longer do either anymore.    The Mobile Shop was able to register the deal, and they used my Public Mobile number to activate it.    But the borked up a few things, so I had to talk to Koodo to sort it out.

So I am on hold with Koodo for an hour.  I get a decent Koodo rep, and he is able to fix my problems.   He confirms the plan I got, but tells me the $30 activation fee will not be waived, I got a different story from The Mobile Shop reps.  I am going to have to see what happens in a couple of months. 

I decide to port my Koodo Home Phone number, because frankly, my Public Mobile account is too valuable to lose at this point to even think of porting it.  That takes a call to Koodo again.  The wait is not as bad, but it takes a half a day for a Koodo to Koodo port to kick in.  "Shakes head"

I compare this to registering with Public Mobile.  The Walmart reps also bork my account when registering, I use the Public Mobile web interface to correct the mistakes, and I port my Fido number over to Public Mobile.  It takes about 5 minutes or so. 

Would I do it again, probably.  Would I recommend my friends do this, not likely.   I have no issue recommending friends and family to Public Mobile though.  I do not have to jump through hoops to get prefered plans with Public Mobile.  And not having to deal with a call center is a huge selling point. 

hxj140

I migrated two lines from Public Mobile to Koodo when they offered the $40/6 GB back in February, 2018.

The process was incredibly easy in that I ordered the Koodo sim online. 1 day later, I received an activation email with my temporary phone number and tracking number. When I received my sim card, I popped it into my phone, confirmed that everything was working (data, calls, mms, sms). I then created my Koodo self-serve account and ported my PM number to Koodo. The entire port took about 30 minutes.

I do not believe that the location of a call centre will automatically determine the quality of the support or advice a customer receives. I have received bad advice and service from call centres all over the world and here in Canada, too. It's the people that work in the call centre that determine service quality, not the call centre's physical location.

PM9

I would be more inclined to agree with you if PM offered VoLTE and Visual Voicemail. But Koodo has them beat feature-wise for similar or better prices.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@hitmanvinnie wrote:

You can only activate via the webstore, which is NOT setup in the customers best interest.

Lost my PB service until late this evening, and I am not going back to Koodo for more abuse and On Hold time ever again...

There is a call back feature for the call center.  While people complain about the lead time to get an issue looked at here, having to do stuff like requesting a call back is on par with the Public Mobile private message model.  Generally I hate being on hold on the phone.

I rather like the call back feature.  no waiting on hold, just schedule a call and they call you at that time.  i have had it the same day and/or the next day.

@hitmanvinnie wrote:

You can only activate via the webstore, which is NOT setup in the customers best interest.

Lost my PB service until late this evening, and I am not going back to Koodo for more abuse and On Hold time ever again...

There is a call back feature for the call center.  While people complain about the lead time to get an issue looked at here, having to do stuff like requesting a call back is on par with the Public Mobile private message model.  Generally I hate being on hold on the phone.

dr-et

Is it worth it.

It depends on the reason you are doing it.

some want the 8 Gigs of data.

for us who were lucky to have 12GIgs over 3 months and dont require more perhaps no.

having the rewards has its benefits too.

problems you will encounter with all carriers.

It is the nasty surprises and the games That I detest with the big four.

Frustrated but happy for the most part with pm

take care

the move over is easy online.  

What happened that you need to deal with customer service over the phone? 

So often they dont know these deals exist.

szymon247

Yeah, the PM experience seems to be better than Koodo. The web portal is very far from perfect, but it and the mods allow for a much more convenient experience and faster issue resolution than at Koodo. I'm also not a fan of their post-paid billing, and paying for things you didn't expect to pay for. At PM, if something is extra, it simply won't work if you don't agree to it upfront. At Komodo you'll get surprises on your bill instead.

I also had my number stolen by a Koodo migrator. Which is why I was vocal about replacing the number system with a referral code system.

hitmanvinnie

Can't do the offshore tech support thing anymore. That's why Public mobile made sense. Unfortunately, KDO wants PM user to migrate. In reality the reason to migrate to PM is why I left Freedom cheapskates in the 1st place.

Now I'm back. Only question now is how to return the sims to the "makes me quiver company"

@hitmanvinnie, sorry you had the bad experience.  My time moving lines to koodo from PM were easy and smooth and did it online. Actually received a sim today and will finish the transfer tonight

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hitmanvinnie

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

what happened taht caused you to need to call in.  when my friend did the port he did everything online and a sim card was sent to him.  otherwise you could go to walmat and activate there.

I receive teh text today agian, but can't take advantage of it since someone stole my number and used it to get the promotion instead of me.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@hitmanvinnie wrote:

Spent over 3 hours on the phone with Koodo after recieving the $40 8gig $180 credit text offer.

Their webstore is a joke as you are forced to deal with the workforce in central america or someplace similar.

Have 2 phones, both received the same offer but Koodo is a bit of a joke.

It took 20 minutes in a Walmart to port from Freedom cheapskates to Public mobile which was a pleasure. Moving from PM to Koodo is not worth the potential savings as you are forced to deal with incompetence and aggrivation.

Maybe its easy for some customers, but one would think moving between the same company would be graceful. IT IS NOT.

One would think after filling out all of the info online you would receive sims that would actually work when inserted but NO you must repeat the whole excercise again over and over and over until their excuses run thin.

Have only been with PM for 1 billing cycle now, hope to stay until the hills have eyes.

😉

Haha yea I actually left koodo to come here, and they tried to get me back and I didn't follow. Glad to have you here my friend 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.