cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It says my Sim card is invalid?!

ChrisFern
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sept/11/2015

Last night I tried activating my sim card but kept on getting credit card processing failures. It said that my credit card company had was not allowing the transaction. Needless to say i thought i may have typed my info incorectly and attempted several more times all with the same results. 

I called the credit card company to see what was up. They told me it was all on Public mobiles end and that the credit card was fine. 

This brings me to today. I tried to go and attemp another registration with the sim card and now I cannot even get past the Sim page. It sayd my Sim is Invalid. 

I'm assuming attemping to make it work several times last night and public mobile not letting me caused the Sim card to become Invalid? 

Do I need to get a new Sim shipped?

Thanks, Chris.

UPDATE Sept/15/2015 

So Just a warning to everyone DO NOT RETRY PURCHASING IF YOU EXPERIENCED THE ERROR, I was charged 4 times. I only found out a couple of days after the problem happened and as of today I have not received any email regarding my refund, Yes I have emailed several times. I received one in regards to my SIM card not being functional. However, with no explanation as to why. I had to figure out that myself.

Anyways i still want to become a PM client but I NEED to get my refund before I can do that. Lack of comunication is stressfull. 

UPDATE Sept/23/2015

Ok so not hearing back form PM for the past 6 days has forced me to call VISA and dispute the chrages. They are reversing them and in the process they have to cancel my credit card and mail me a new one. It will take 5-10 business days for it to ship out which isn't the end of the world but this is really unacceptable. I'm saying this again, but I am severly disapointed.

26 REPLIES 26

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vrishtidutta wrote:

I am facing the same issue, where I see sim card invalid. And the contact-us link is broken. How do I send an email to administrator?!!!

You've revived and old thread from years ago, here is the current link: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/22...

Click on the envelope on the top right hand of page, write to moderator_team and explain your problem  It may take up to 48 hours for them to reply 

vrishtidutta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am facing the same issue, where I see sim card invalid. And the contact-us link is broken. How do I send an email to administrator?!!!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@suhong I'm so happy to hear all this. It's great that you're happy to be apart of the PM family.

Thanks @Shazia_K for all your help investigating and solving the problem.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@suhong You're more than welcome!!! 

Update: @suhong Sim card stopped working suddenly, after conclusion I asked to order a new SIM card, I concluded that the SIM card might be defective. Thanks to @suhong for ordering a SIM card overnight. This morning she received the new SIM card and after swapping the SIM cards in her account, everything was back to normal  😄

Thanks, 

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

suhong

My phone works now. Thank for the prompt help from Shazia_k. I'm happy being in PM family!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@suhong is everything ok now?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @suhong,

Currently, we do not have any Public Mobile stores. Can you confirm that you're using SIM card number ending with 0456? if not please send me your SIM card number via private message and I will look into this situation with you. 

Thanks,

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

suhong

First time happened

suhong

Thank you for reply. No signal bar. And I'm in Winnipeg now. I don't know where is a public mobile store.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @suhong,

I'm sorry to hear about this, is this the first time or has this happened in the past? Can you see the signal bar on your phone?

Thanks,

Shazia. 

suhong

I've used this phone and number for long time. But this morning it showed Invalid Usim. How can I fix It?

chukdefatey
@ChrisFern, I suggest getting in touch with you credit card company ASAP. This is just beyond Ridiculous that this issue isn't sorted out.

@ChrisFern Suggest you immediately send a ptivate message to @Mansi_G, or one of the other PM Community team. You should have had contact from PM 5 days ago.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChrisFern

Still no Refund to my purchase. It's been almost 2 weeks and I am sitll 480$ in the hole. My credit card is due soon and I need this to be resolved before then.

I am not happy. 

chukdefatey
^Consider your self lucky, There have been people that have been charged many more times then you. I really hope PM's charges hasn't caused any financial hardship on you. PM needs to stop this from Happening ASAP. This is totally unacceptable.

ChrisFern

Yes I have and Now I also just found out that I was charged 4 times for trying to process the transaction. It seems that this is happening to a bunch of people and not just me. I sent my second email now hopefully they will get back to me soon.

HAVE you sent a Email to PM yet, @ChrisFern?

ChrisFern

Can't log in because I can't create an account due to my number not being activated on PM yet.

ChrisFern

I'm porting my number from telus from Telus and yes it is the same email. I know there is a weird problem when trying to port numbers over from companies that use the same network. Could that be the issue?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisFern, which carrier are you porting # from? If its from Koodo prepaid, and are using the same email used on Koodo prepaid for your PM account, That's probably why your porting failed

Rick
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try logging into self serve to see if the sim was activated.

ChrisFern

Alright I'll try this out when I get back home tonight from work. Thanks for the speedy reply with potential solutions. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You are correct. The system 'activated' your SIM the first time past that stage so that when account denied occurs one is stuck no account and an already activated SIM. Maddening I know, even though PM is operating in beta mode.

Only cure is an email to PM from Contact Us then Email Away on the PM web site. Include your SIM number in that message.

Recommend checking your credit card for charges just in case they went through.

Based on other posting this will be corrected. If you do not get a response within 48 hours try sending a private message to @Moid_I

Hang in there; hoping for speedy recovery.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Even though it did not go through, try the sim on your phone and see if you have service. 

If not, email PM as stated above. 

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisFern,

Please send an email to Public Mobile about your issue.

How to send an email ?

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose radio button ""

- Choose radio button ""

- Choose radio button "

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

Need Help? Let's chat.