cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with porting number

StroudAna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently started an account and I'm in the middle of porting a phone number, I was unable to do it and was given an error code, and I cannot submit a ticket because I don't have any active phone numbers of public mobile yet how do I get this resolved? I am stuck in a loop and need help asap!

4 REPLIES 4

@pogkev wrote:

This sort of problem appears when you are porting a phone number from a pre-paid service(telus prepaid, koodo prepay, most pay as you go plan).

The inability to port without the help of moderators is mainly limited to ports from Koodo prepaid.  The actual concept of prepaid/"pay before"/"pay as you go" doesn't itself cause any issue.  Porting in from most prepaid providers can even been done during activation.

pogkev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I work for a PM retailer, the moderators normally tells us to activate with a temporary phone number, and then submit a ticket with a moderator to let them know that you would like to swap your temporary phone # with your current one. Usually what you would need is your account number and thats it. This sort of problem appears when you are porting a phone number from a pre-paid service(telus prepaid, koodo prepay, most pay as you go plan).

A question similar to this that has been answered: Koodo Prepaid to Public Mobile.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@StroudAna 

Welcome to the Public Mobile community!  🙂

What error code do you get?  Also, how far in the activation process did you get, when you say that you started an account?  (To confirm, your OLD account/number is still active, right?  That's needed for a successful port.)

It's unclear whether you've activated your SIM card yet, and if not, it's often simpler to first activate your SIM card first (with a temporary number), then port your number later on at your convenience.  Doing so with an active account will also enable the Telus Porting Team to help you port your number.

In other words, I'd recommend:

1. Activate your SIM card for a new account*
  2. Port your number afterwards, calling the Porting Team if needed - will send to you separately

* When you activate, be sure to use a referral code from a friend/family member to get $10 credit on your account (and they get $1/mo credit)!  We're users helping users so we all have referral codes that can help you too, but would be great to help out a friend/family member!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

for more info Transferring Or Changing Your Phone Number Click HERE ,

or

Number Transfer (Port) Troubleshooting, Click HERE,

or

Choosing Or Transferring A Phone Number During Activation, Click HERE.

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

In order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile - you will need to activate an account with us with a temporary phone number and after that let me know to help you with the port in.

that even if a person is not a customer of Public Mobile they can create an username under the Community and get in contact with a Moderator. Send any information related to the activation and the phone number that they want to transfer and then we can work with that in our system.

i hope that information for a new customer is will help them.

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Need Help? Let's chat.