cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Dropped Calls

Jenny6745
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lately I’m having some issues with dropped calls, and just before people are either cutting out or their voices seem robotic or tinny. Anyone else? Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's a fairly common issue for me. I live in Northern Ontario. Doesn't seem to matter the phone I use. I've tried a few different phones including Android (LG G Flex, Samsung Galaxy S8+ and a cheapie that I forget), Windows Phone (Lumia 650), and iPhone (5s) and all of them experienced that issue fairly regularly. It's most likely your proximity to a Bell/Telus tower. I find the issue to be far greater at home (rural) or in the heart of the city (Mostly Rogers towers there). My parents have that issue at their place as well (they has my Lumia 650). 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jenny6745

No issues with dropped calls in my area.  

Reception does vary depending on where you are in the country.  Did you recently move to a different area?  How many bars are shown in your signal icon/display?  Any missed calls (ie. calls directly to voicemail)?  

Maybe try re-booting your phone if you have not tried already.  If you have a spare phone lying around, maybe try using the Public Mobile SIm in that phone to see whether it is a hardware issue.  Update any phone OS/IOS software.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have not experienced any issues with the service in recent times.  It could be a phone problem, local area network issue, lots of factors.

prerack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service seems fine.  Are you somewhere where coverage might be an issue?  Or does it happen no matter where you are?  Could it be your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.