cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues porting a phone number

kocansadia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I recently changed my phone number and ported my landline from Bell to my cell phone with PM. I did it online and it said that the port was successful. I can make outgoing calls, but I cannot recieve any incoming calls. How can I fix this issue with the incoming calls? 

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kocansadia wrote:

Hi, 

I recently changed my phone number and ported my landline from Bell to my cell phone with PM. I did it online and it said that the port was successful. I can make outgoing calls, but I cannot recieve any incoming calls. How can I fix this issue with the incoming calls? 

@kocansadia  That text means that PM submitted the port request and that they setup you number on their network. (That is why you can make outgoing calls). For incomming calls to work your previous provider need to release the number and that as others have mentioned can take 7 days to complete. Once the number is released your port is 100% complete.

@kocansadia wrote:

Hi, 

I believe that Public Mobile needs to change that mesaage. It does not mean that porting was sucessful.  If only means that the request was processed. The other carrier doesn't immediately respond to the request so there's no way for Public Mobile to know anything about porting staus that quickly.

@GR wrote:

@kocansadia  landlines wi

Usually take up to 3 business days.  Keep checking your landline to see when it goes dead. U can also restart your cell phone a couple of times a day to see

Make that up to 7 business days for landline based on personal experience.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kocansadia hi that's normal to take up to 3 or 4 days for a landline if its much longer then contact a moderator here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GR
Mayor / Maire

@kocansadia  landlines wi

Usually take up to 3 business days.  Keep checking your landline to see when it goes dead. U can also restart your cell phone a couple of times a day to see

Need Help? Let's chat.