cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue porting from Rogers

BDK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered with a new account yesterday afternoon. When I inserted the SIM, it looked like everything was working and I received a text indicating the port was successful.

A few hours later I founf that calls/texts to some phone numbers work and other say they are long distance (when they are local and the same area code). The calls are not able to complete successfully. The odd part is that some calls work while others do not. Data is up and running fine.

The phone has been restarted and the SIM taken out and placed back when it was off but no success. No idea why it is working inconsistently. The old Rogers SIM says there is no service. I am at 19 hours after activation.

Your suggestions and/or help are appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Senior moment? It happens at all ages....happy it's resolved. It's nice to have a community to reach out to even if it isn't related to a pm problem in the end.

BDK

Sorry about the delay. I looked at the family member's phone. The issue was only affecting new numbers added. When I checked the numbers added, they entered in the area code numbers in the wrong sequence. 

I appreciate the responses and help. Embarrasing issue but better to know it was just a user vs something else. Like the saying goes 'the simplest answer is most often correct'.

Regards,

@BDK  Mentioned that the issue is with some numbers not all so I don't think the lost/stolen trick etc will make a difference in this case.

BDK

I will double check. The phone is for a family member so I will have them retry when I am watching them. Hopefully it does the trick (if there was no +1). Odd though that it seems to work for some numbers but not others (same area code) and it worked fine with the prior provider.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@BDK    you can try everything that @popping said in that order!  Good luck 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BDK  Sounds like the port completed without any issues. As for the LD just make sure that in your contacts setup all numbers to use the +1 prefix and that message goes away.

BDK

Forgot to metion that. Yes have added in a (1) at the beginning of the number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BDK 

Did you dial 1 in front of area code + phone number?

You may try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan feature again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this does not work, try add $1 to your account to trigger running provison software again.

If both trick fails, you may create a trouble ticket using the ? button at the botton right corner of this page.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@BDK   did you try putting a 1 in front of the numbers that you can't call? 

Need Help? Let's chat.