cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue after Changing Phone Number: Cannot be Called or Receive SMS

BeJiTo1984
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

Glad to be on board with Public Mobile (PM)!

I activated my SIM and have been enjoying PM for a few days now with a new phone number (automatically assigned when I created my account).

Now, since I'm happy with the service, I have just decided I would change this number and transfer my former number from Chatr, which I just did.

Issue is:

-I cannot receive any call on that number (it goes straight to voice mail every time, my Chatr voice mail btw);

-I cannot receive any SMS.

Note that I can give calls though, and data is still working fine.

Any hint on where the issue could come from ?

Any urgent help would be appreciated as I cannot be called on either my Chatr number (now my default PM number) or my previous PM number 😞 

BeJiTo1984

8 REPLIES 8

@BeJiTo1984 wrote:

Any urgent help would be appreciated as I cannot be called on either my Chatr number (now my default PM number) or my previous PM number 😞 

For future information, you could have still received calls if you had re-inserted your Chatr sim card into your phone.

Welcome to public mobile @BeJiTo1984 .  Sounds like your happy to be here and already getting the hang of the community. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say. I see a community reward in your future.....

@BeJiTo1984   Good to hear it all got sorted quickly for you and welcome to PM:)

BeJiTo1984

All good now, I guess our answers crossed each other!

(And yep, I did try to reboot my phone at the time, but it did not work. Guess i just needed to leave it a bit more time to be completed :))

@BeJiTo1984 thats great, welcome to public mobile!  Start enjoying the savings.

BeJiTo1984

Wow that was fast! Thanks for the swift reply GR, much appreciated!

This was done less than 30 min ago.

...And you know what ? I have just received a sms saying that the port has been successfully done !!!

Woohoo ! 

All good now, sms and calls are working like a charm 🙂

Thanks once again for the quick support @GR and Public Mobile, you rock 😉

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BeJiTo1984 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Glad to be on board with Public Mobile (PM)!

I activated my SIM and have been enjoying PM for a few days now with a new phone number (automatically assigned when I created my account).

Now, since I'm happy with the service, I have just decided I would change this number and transfer my former number from Chatr, which I just did.

Issue is:

-I cannot receive any call on that number (it goes straight to voice mail every time, my Chatr voice mail btw);

-I cannot receive any SMS.

Note that I can give calls though, and data is still working fine.

Any hint on where the issue could come from ?

BeJiTo1984

Have you tried rebooting your phone?  The porting may not be complete and may take another hour or two to finish.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@BeJiTo1984 that is normal for porting, when the port is complete everything will work!  You'll get a text saying welcome to public mobile your port is complete.  Usually it takes a few hours to complete, how long ago Did you port? 

Need Help? Let's chat.