cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this promo code legit?

Mach2point5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I just signed up with Public Mobile and used the promo code from this website. 

The promo code gave me a green checkmark when I entered it, but looking at my account now it doesn't seem to have applied any discount. 

After closer inspection the fine print states that the referrals website isn't affiliated to Public mobile. 

Did I goof, or do I just need to wait longer for some kind of discount to appear?

Thanks

edited by computergeek541: website removed (contains a referral code)

13 REPLIES 13

@Mach2point5 wrote:

At first my request was denied, but with some persistence I was able to convince the moderator to change the promo code. So all is well on my end now.

Thanks again to everyone who gave helpful advise!

This is great news and really gives props to PM for doing their work in customer service. 🙂

That is great news @Mach2point5 

Thank you very much for letting us know:)

Mach2point5

At first my request was denied, but with some persistence I was able to convince the moderator to change the promo code. So all is well on my end now.

Thanks again to everyone who gave helpful advise!

@Mach2point5 

Let us know what happened if you don't mind.

The website is not mentioned here because it contains referral and we are not allowed to post referrals on this forum.

It is one of the costumers who set up the website and posted their referral code so that people who don't have family and friends with public mobile can find it on wild wild web.

The problem is that they probably are quoting year old promotion that ended in spring 2019 which gives both parties$25. That promo is long gone and by the looks of it is not coming back (no matter how bad we all want it). As a result people either don't use their family/friend's codes to get $15 extra, or feel duped by public mobile as they feel they were promised 25 and feel that the website is somehow affiliated.

I really hope you get to flip it for your friend's code. I heard it was once refused and the only way to do it is to open another account with another sim card, which is very disappointing. So I'm really hoping to hear back from you if you don't mind keeping us posted

Thanks

Some PM promos last as little as 3 or 4 days yet I see people offering up their referral codes on Craig's list etc quoting long since expired promotions. As long as they get their kick back there isn't much incentive to change their listing to reflect reality.

AE_Collector

@Mach2point5 unfortunately there can't be warnings for all shady websites

Mach2point5

Thanks for all the speedy replies, I'm impressed.

My ticket is submitted.

I searched this forum for any mention of the referral website that apparently cannot be named, to no avail. I feel like there should be a warning about that website in the announcements section, it might help reduce preventable issues like mine.

@Mach2point5  yes it is. Contact the moderators and explain your situation. Tell them you just got scammed by this website and you would like to use your friends refferal code instead. Include the friends telephone number and refferal code in the message.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Mach2point5 if you used your friend's code, you will get $10 credit within 72 hours. If you want to change the code, click ? on bottom right and follow directions to contact moderators and explain your situation.

@Mach2point5 

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Mach2point5

Ok, thx.

In hindsight I should have used my friends referral code. I was reeled in by the "up to $25" promise. 

Is it possible to change the referral code at this point? 

@Mach2point5 wrote:

So I just signed up with Public Mobile and used the promo code from this website. 

The promo code gave me a green checkmark when I entered it, but looking at my account now it doesn't seem to have applied any discount. 

After closer inspection the fine print states that the referrals website isn't affiliated to Public mobile. 

Did I goof, or do I just need to wait longer for some kind of discount to appear?

Thanks

That's not a promo code, and there is currently no such $25 credit being offered.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You will get your $10 credit within 72  hours for using the referral code. Check self service later. 

Welcome to PM!

Need Help? Let's chat.