Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catalyst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this plan 3G or 4G?

In this plan it says:

"4.5 GB Data at 3G speed⁴"

In footnote 4 it says:

"4 - Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 900 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-250 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network."

I don't see anywhere explained whether this is really a 3G and 4G plan or only a 3G plan, and how does one aquire 4G access; I don't see 4G option as a purchase or an add-on option.

So what "G" is really included in this plan?

Thanks!

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Is this plan 3G or 4G?

@Catalyst hi it is 3g lte that is throttled

View solution in original post

All Replies
shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Catalyst hi it is 3g lte that is throttled

View solution in original post

@Catalyst wrote:

In this plan it says:

"4.5 GB Data at 3G speed⁴"

In footnote 4 it says:

"4 - Plans with 4G LTE data can access maximum LTE download speeds (manufacturer rated at up to 900 Mbps; expected average speeds 12-250 Mbps). Plans with 3G data may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network."

I don't see anywhere explained whether this is really a 3G and 4G plan or only a 3G plan, and how does one aquire 4G access; I don't see 4G option as a purchase or an add-on option.

So what "G" is really included in this plan?

Thanks!

Your plan includes of 3Mbps while connected to the LTE network. The footnote about LTE plans does not apply to you.

Catalyst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So a difference between PM and Telus is that I should get faster 4G downloads with Telus because they don't limit the speed.

Luddite
Oracle

@Catalyst wrote:

So a difference between PM and Telus is that I should get faster 4G downloads with Telus because they don't limit the speed.

Yes

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Exactly @Catalyst . Welcome to PM. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Catalyst hello although it is "3g" I wouldn't get to hung up on it since everything works just fine I have had a 4g plans that were not so great at certain times when it was busy

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Catalyst Yes, and a proper customer service, and more expensive plans😅

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Catalyst wrote:

There's also a cost difference as well.

I used to insist on having 4G data too. I'm glad I tried the 3G at PM...I don't do alot of streaming of HD movies. The 3G is more than sufficient for me and cheaper too. You'd have to determine what's best for your lifestyle though.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

I think this is already answered but it's 3G that's been slowed. 

Hope that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.