Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this phone compaible

fergus8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
12 REPLIES 12

@fergus8 

Why is that back to square one?  The seller has told you that it works on the Telus network. Public Mobile is run by Telus.

fergus8

I got a reply from the seller on Amazon....so back to square one.

"Sorry,no.Ushining 3G flip cell phone,works with Rogers (Fido), Telus (Koodo), Bell (Virgin Mobile) or any carrier operates on these networks"

I would be careful with phones that mention 3G bands with the word OR. There may be 2 different hardware variants of this phone, one of which supports 850/1900, which is what you need.

fergus8

Thanks to all who replied to my question.

I'll take it from here.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@fergus8 

These are Public Mobile's network specs:

• 4G LTE/LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz; 2100 MHz downlink with 1700 MHz uplink (AWS). PM throttles speed on these to 3 mbps except for the data only plan.

• HSPA (3G): 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS). N.B. A phone MUST support these frequencies for calls to work. Texting and data also work on these frequencies.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

It s got the 3G bands @fergus8 . So yes its compatible. Its got no  LTE bands. If you are usung it for talking and some texting you are good to go. You will not get data where there's only 4g LTE available. Stay safe.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fergus8 @I found some more info for another phone under the same brand and it appears it works under Telus’ network. 

5CBFB39E-3766-47B0-80CE-67FBF7C51ED7.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fergus8  Yes it is compatible, will work without any issues.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

According to description yes

"

Compatible Carriers Special Reminder

• Band Mode: 3G WCDMA: 900/2100 mHz or 850/1900 mHz ; 2G GSM:850/900/1800/1900mHz
  • Works with Rogers (Fido), Telus (Koodo), Bell (Virgin Mobile)
  • Support Dual SIM mode: one for 3G, the other for 2G (only one SIM card is also accpetable).
  • Warmly reminder: NOT compatible with Wind Mobile(Freedom Mobile), Videotron or Mobilicity.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@fergus8 from what it says in the ad, it is compatible with PMs 3g network

• Band Mode: 3G WCDMA: 900/2100 mHz or 850/1900 mHz ; 2G GSM:850/900/1800/1900mHz
  • Works with Rogers (Fido), Telus (Koodo), Bell (Virgin Mobile)

it should work right out of the box 👍

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I do not see that brand identified under the comparability list. Does it go by another brand name by chance?

Need Help? Let's chat.