cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there someone I can speak to over the phone about my account?

myelinsheath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have just signed up for Public Mobile and I have encounted some issues that I would like to speak with a staff to address it. Is there a number I can call? Someone who can help me out? I used the bot and it directed me to submit a ticket. I tried to submit a ticket and it just tells me there is an error. I sent private messages but am not getting any responses. This is very frustrating :(...

14 REPLIES 14

danijel

The store was correct in saying that you will have to pay full price the first month (at activation), the day before your monthly renewal you will receive the $10 credit in your account that will  cover the next month's bill charge. 

As far as the referal code, well if the store agent didn't apply it during activation, then the one of the moderator's can certainly help you there. 

Don't disconnect your line if you want to keep your number, cause you will loose it if you disconnect without porting your number first to another provider or another account with Public Mobile.

@myelinsheath wrote:

Do you know if I could somehow delete my account and get a refund? I already have cell service and I don't really need this.

I just have to ask, why would you go through the process to sign up in the 1st place, if you already have cell service? 🤨 

@myelinsheath  If you decide you will stay with public mobile log into your account and click on "my plan and add ons" and scroll down to the bottom of the page to the promo code box. Enter CNY2020 into the box. If you qualify there will be a nice little surprise bonus for you.

@myelinsheath wrote:

Thanks all.The activation happened today. I have messaged the moderators. Hopefully they will get back to me soon and help me out. It is unfortunate but it's been a terrible first-impression of this service :(...

Well, sorry to be frank here, but nothing you've described above is actually Public Mobile's fault.

You have been misinformed by your friend about the end date of this promo (and possibly any other relevant facts like the online only support business model?). And the sales person at the retail store, who is paid by the shop you went to and is NOT a Public Mobile employee, didn't care to double check and give you the right information about the expiry date and the referral code, however, their explanation about the process of the promo is correct.

Also, when you signed up you agreed to the terms of service which include the online only support model as outlined in bold on the landing page of the Public Mobile, as well as the no refund policy which is common with Canadian prepay providers.

If the moderators are actually able to help you, if at all possible, it could likely only be an account credit as a goodwill gesture. They don't have an obligation at all.

@myelinsheath  Unfortunately you did not get the best customer service at the retail location you went to activate an account. As stated by @Jb456  and @gblackma  the promotion ended yesterday at 11:59 pm et. or 10:59pm ct or 9:59pm mt or 8:59pm pt. Check your receipt for the time stamp if you activated yesterday and your worried about the time.

The salesperson could have easily entered  the referral code for you and this is the normal practice but it can easily be added by a moderator. Just supply the referral code and your friends phone #. They will recieve a text right away during daytime hours or at noon et  if overnight. The reward will appear in their account right away and you will usually get your credit within 24 hrs but sometimes up to 72hrs.

If you qualified for the promotion it will be added in the next 30 days and before renewal there after. Generally there are no refunds for prepaid service but if you really feel you were hoodwinked and did not qualify for the promotion you can ask for a refund and escalate it if you are refused. Be sure to leave a review of the retailer on the locate a retailer page as this important for pm to know which ones are performing up to standard and if they an authorized dealer or a retail partner. If you share their name we can tell you which one they are.

If they are a retail partner they should be aware of promotion starts and ends. Maybe ask for the promotion to be applied as a good will gesture or you will escalate the issue to get a refund. Public Mobile wants you as a customer. They don't want retail partners presenting false information to hook a sale and be too lazy during activation to enter the referral code which takes mere seconds but inconveniences you and the moderators a thousand fold. This is another case of a dealer or partner failing public mobile and @Alan_K  should be made aware of...so please share the name and submit a review.

@myelinsheath Is your phone working with the PM SIM installed?

Have you activated your self serve account at this link? If you activated at a shop you must create it yourself here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

myelinsheath

Thanks all.The activation happened today. I have messaged the moderators. Hopefully they will get back to me soon and help me out. It is unfortunate but it's been a terrible first-impression of this service :(...

Sorry @myelinsheath This is a prepaid service,  so no refunds. You can remove your autopay service and  abandon your account. Use it for the month, you may decide to stay. As for the referal code, contact the moderators and ask them to apply the $10 credit. You will require the code and your friends phone number. As to being hood winked, that's between you, your friend and the clerk. It was indicated on the plan page that the promotion ended at 11.59 PM eastern standard time on Feb 3rd. When did you activate your SIM in store?

@myelinsheath 

The Lunar promotion. Expired last night...did you sign up yesterday or today?

Below is the link to the promotion.

Update as of February 2, 2020: This offer will expire on February 3, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.

If you signed up before end of promo credit is applied within 30 days 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

As for the referral code. The person at store is correct. You just have to contact moderators and they will manually apply the $10 sign up bonus within 72 hours. Person referred gets $10 sign up bonus and the person that did  the referring gets $1 of per 30 days as long as the new person that was referred account is active and in good standing.. 

As for your other question about getting a refund and cancelling...that would up to the moderators to decide...

@myelinsheath  Since you have already reached out to the moderators why not see if we can answer your questions for you whilst you wait. The moderators have been busier than usual the last few days s you may have to wait over 24 hours for a response. I know I am at the 20 hour mark without a response.....on a non urgent matter using a private message for contact.

myelinsheath

Thanks. This is an account-related issue so I don't think it can be resolved here. Basically, I think I just got scammed into creating this account. I was told about the promotion of $10 off for 8 months from a friend. He provided me a referral link, so I went to a store to buy a sim card. At the store, the staff said he could help me sign up, and confirmed that the promotion is still going on. I told the staff that I would like to use my friend's referral link, and the staff told me that I can enter that later. So I created the account, chose the plan, and made a payment, and the staff said that the first month I would have to full price but the second month onward it would automatically have $10 reduced. I cannot find the option to enter my friend's referral code, and it looks like the promotion has ended today.

Do you know if I could somehow delete my account and get a refund? I already have cell service and I don't really need this. The staff also took a photo of my personal info as I was on the summary page of my account creation. I feel like I got scammed big time and I don't know what to do. I think I'm just kind of frustrated with the whole situation right now...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@myelinsheath private message the moderators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@myelinsheath wrote:

Hi, I have just signed up for Public Mobile and I have encounted some issues that I would like to speak with a staff to address it. Is there a number I can call? Someone who can help me out? I used the bot and it directed me to submit a ticket. I tried to submit a ticket and it just tells me there is an error. I sent private messages but am not getting any responses. This is very frustrating :(...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@myelinsheath 

We will try to help you with non-account related issue as only moderator can access your account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile.

No sorry public mobile is all online and the community forums is where you get assistance prior to contacting moderators...

So please go ahead and explain your issue (leave personal info out) and we will try to assist you

If you sent a private message please allow 24/48 hours for a response from moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.