cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any way that Public Mobile can block numbers from spammers?

So about a month ago I received a call from spammers pretending to be from Bell that wanted my personal information. I told them that I don't give out personal information from the phone especially since they called me and that I've never had any business with Bell ever. I ended up calling the real Bell canada number directly and they didn't recognize the number that called me and they didn't have me in their system and told me that most likely they were spammers. Now that same number calls me sometimes up to six times a day. I use Hiya on my phone and it blocks the number but they still manage to leave voicemail everytime which fills up pretty quick considering how much they are calling and harrasing me. Also Hiya will sometimes let the call ring once or twice before cutting them off but most of the time Hiya stops them. I ended up asking the police what I should do and they said to report the number to the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre and to see if my service provider has any blocking features. I thought eventually they would stop calling but they are relentless. It's driving me a little crazy and I've been debating getting a new number altogether.

Does any one know if Public Mobile provides any blocked number features even if it costs extra or recommends any suggetions or do I just need to tough it out with the blocking app software?

Oracle

Re: Is there any way that Public Mobile can block numbers from spammers?

I don't think carriers are in the business of screening calls for customers.  You are on your own.  I run android and simply use the blocking feature on the dialer app.  Spam calls is not a big issue with me. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There should be settings in your phone to block numbers that you do not want to receive calls from.

I already have them blocked in my phone settings but that doesn't stop them from still calling and leaving voicemails and sometimes the blocking doesn't work and they still get a couple of rings before the app hangs up on them or I'll feel my phone vibrate. It's annoying to have to constantly go through my voicemail and delete 6 voicemails a day when my voicemail only holds 10.They also show up on my caller ID.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

TrueCaller App.

The best app by far. It blocks creditors, spammers calls and SMS spam as well. Collection agents are getting creative and using text messaging apps to send out creditor name and reference numbers to call them. Even to the point that “if this isn’t you reply to this text”. Right....

I installed True caller. I'll give it a try and let everyone know if it's any better than what I have.

Mayor / Maire

This is illegal

Report them 

Neo90 wrote:

Now that same number calls me sometimes up to six times a day.

I ended up asking the police what I should do and they said to report the number to the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre and to see if my service provider has any blocking features.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the call is from a telemarketer, this may help: https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/plt-cmp-eng