cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to have an extra number that just forwards to my main number?

devbat8712
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A couple months ago I ported my old VoIP number over to public mobile. Because it's still a VoIP number WhatsApp won't accept it for signup. Is it possible to just get an extra number that forwards to my main number to use for services that block my main number?

Thanks,

Christian

10 REPLIES 10

devbat8712
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ah, I thought so, thanks. I've sent them an email.

It's still considered a VoIP number I think because WhatsApp just mass flags VoIP pools, so they probably just haven't unblocked my number yet.

@MacMe wrote:

You just need to contact whatsapp support and they can manually verify your number:

support@whatsapp.com

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@devbat8712You can get an extra number.. but if you want to pick one with the CO code (3 digits after your area code) that is with the bigger (non VOIP) providers. In case you are wondering, if you give up your current number which was assigned to a VOIP company, it goes back to the VOIP company's pool, even though you have ported it to PM. So opening another account with another VOIP company will likely be a fool's errand.

Basically you will need to open another account with PM if you want to stick with PM. Get it all set up and set it to forward and test. I personally think Speakout $25/year minimum credit for 1 year is the most economical way to go.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You just need to contact whatsapp support and they can manually verify your number:

support@whatsapp.com

@geopublic wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

I'm not sure that short codes are supported with public mobile actually. It may not be on wa side but on pm side.

@kselmak  SC are enabled by default on PM accounts. More info here  on what is supported.

Hi @geopublic

Thanks for the link, i was just about to post the same link with the question if the information is still relevant as it has been couple of years and things have changed judging by the responses

@kselmak wrote:

I'm not sure that short codes are supported with public mobile actually. It may not be on wa side but on pm side.

@kselmak  SC are enabled by default on PM accounts. More info here  on what is supported.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:

@devbat8712 Hi how is it a voip number still if you ported over?

I think he means it is still listed with the voip companu like mine is still rogers number though I'm with pm

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@devbat8712 wrote:

A couple months ago I ported my old VoIP number over to public mobile. Because it's still a VoIP number WhatsApp won't accept it for signup. Is it possible to just get an extra number that forwards to my main number to use for services that block my main number?

Thanks,

Christian

@devbat8712Not sure if that's the issue. I don't use WhatApp but sounds like you need to reverify your number through the app for it to work. If that is even possible.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You could try getting a fongo number. 

It's voip. But it might work. Doesn't cost anything to try. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.