cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to export a voice message to a computer or email it.

MerchantPark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wondering if there is a way to either create a copy of voice messages or export them individually.

7 REPLIES 7

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Another way would be have the message played out loud on the phone and then to record it using your computer's microphone.  Most modern laptops have a microphone built-in and Window's Sound Recorder would be able to complete the task.

@computergeek541 yeah that could be simpler.  May not end up with as high quality of a recording, but it would be easier.  

Doing that is that way (using a computer to record) is definitely more low-tech but it would help if the person is using a non-smartphone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MerchantPark

You can configure your phone to forward your calls to Fongo free service when no answer, busy or your phone turned off.  Fongo will send you the voicemail file to your email inbox.

This is my poor man visual voicemail.

Jormungandr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

Another way would be have the message played out loud on the phone and then to record it using your computer's microphone.  Most modern laptops have a microphone built-in and Window's Sound Recorder would be able to complete the task.

Man LOL

That reminded me when my sister and I were little kids, and wanted to record an anime song from TV (cranked it out loud, just like you suggested) using a tape recorder (not what you are suggesting! 🙂 )...someone walked in and talked at the end of the song.  My sister and I had to dub over the voice with our own singing!

Sorry for being way off-topic!

srlawren

@computergeek541 wrote:

@computergeek541 yeah that could be simpler.  May not end up with as high quality of a recording, but it would be easier.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jormungandr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can probably use call recorder apps like "Automatic Call Recorder (ACR) Pro" (I picked up this Android app while it was a free giveaway, I am sure other Android or iOS apps would do the same) to record the message as .mp3 file.  You can then export the file to your PC. 

srlawren

@MerchantPark unfortunately, no.  Your best bet would be to use a voice recorder app to record your call into your voicemail while you listen to the message.  Then you could send yourself the recorded file by any number of means (sync to a cloud storage service, email it to yourself, grab it over USB cable, push it via Pushbullet--whatever method you normally use to move files between your phone and computer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.