cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a notification that the Data usage is almost gone?

zeng_dh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If the Data usage is 50% or 75%, is there a notification from PM?

14 REPLIES 14

yilin123456732
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"And just a reminder that you can't get billed overage charges at Public Mobile - when you have used up your data it just stops working until you buy more. (Next renewal, early renewal or a data add-on.)"

Wow! That is good to know! Thanks for pointing it out!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkgirl

All wet

I was referring to my post about NOT getting a notification from an add-on. I did. I was wrong before. One still gets notifications from low plan counters but I was mistaken about not with add-ons.

I'm sure it's something I read somewhere here. Oh well.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I was all wet.

@AnonymousWhat?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I was all wet. I have received a text of 75% consumed of the 200mb data add-on.

And I got a 40 minutes used (80%) of the 50 minutes notification text (but that's not an add-on per se).

Here's the 95% data used text I received. You don't receive anything else beyond that. When your data is used up, cellular data just stops working.

IMG_0410.jpg

zeng_dh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everybody!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

What isn't matching real world experience?

I have no evidence to back up my comment. Just thinking that that's what I've read around. I seem to think I've read that even on plans, people weren't getting notifications. But I'm not going looking.

Sorry for any confusion.

@Anonymous wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@zeng_dh wrote:

For plan data you should get a text at 75 and 95.

For add-on data...none.

Back when I was on talk&text and the add-on was the only data I needed, I got the 75% and 95% warning texts.

The OP could also set the phone's data warning. Or install an app like Data Witness.

Oh. Well.. Blast & darn. Maybe more incorrect documentation or others reporting that isn't matching real world experience.

What isn't matching real world experience?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

Or plain old YMMV?

We laugh and yet C'MON shouldn't it be consistent and universal?! Oh. Wait. We're talking PM here. And we laughed and laughed. Sigh.

@Anonymous wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@zeng_dh wrote:

For add-on data...none.

Back when I was on talk&text and the add-on was the only data I needed, I got the 75% and 95% warning texts.

The OP could also set the phone's data warning. Or install an app like Data Witness.

Oh. Well.. Blast & darn. Maybe more incorrect documentation or others reporting that isn't matching real world experience.

Or plain old YMMV?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@zeng_dh wrote:

For add-on data...none.

@Anonymous wrote:

@zeng_dh wrote:

For add-on data...none.

And just a reminder that you can't get billed overage charges at Public Mobile - when you have used up your data it just stops working until you buy more. (Next renewal, early renewal or a data add-on.)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@zeng_dh wrote:

Yes I think I have received mine at 75%, 90% (maybe can't remember) and 95%

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zeng_dh wrote:

For add-on data...none.

Need Help? Let's chat.