cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is roaming needed In northern Ontario

GilM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to give PM a try.  One thing I read when researching PM plans confuses me.  If I am in northern Ontario where there are only Bell and Rogers towers will my PM phone work, or do I need to purchase a roaming package as the small print seems to indicate?

4 REPLIES 4

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Roaming is not needed anywher in Canada, only when you go over the border.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM uses Telus and Bell towers.  If there are Bell towers then you be able to get service.  PM offers Canada wide calling.

@GilM wrote:

I want to give PM a try.  One thing I read when researching PM plans confuses me.  If I am in northern Ontario where there are only Bell and Rogers towers will my PM phone work, or do I need to purchase a roaming package as the small print seems to indicate?

The only roaming package that Public Mobile has only works in the U.S.  Public Mobile customers can use Bell towers for no extra charge.  The service won't work on Rogers towers.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

PM  is owned by Telus, and uses the Telus infrastructure  @GilM. Telus is predominantly set up alongside Bell on their towers. So roaming is not needed in Norther Ontario. And your phone should work. Check the coverage map to see if there is coverage in your area. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

@GilM wrote:to 

Need Help? Let's chat.