cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Iphone6S compatible?

shellywang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'd like to start with this phone plan but when I search and enter my phone's IMEI it states:

Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen.
The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.

It's an Iphone 6s....thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Current, I am using iPhone 6S and and the device is compatible with PM.

@shellywang wrote:

Thank you. Sub Model is A1549.

It says 2G is not compatible but the others are. How do I know if my phone is a 2G Network?

@shellywang  Public Mobile does not use 2G so no need to worry about that.

JESM8

I know others have answered but this is my first post so I thought I'd give it a go!

The iPhone 6S supports bands 850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz (among others).
Because Public Mobile is owned by Telus it uses bands 850 and 1900, so yes it will work!

Just make sure your iPhone is not carrier locked. Call your current provider and ask.

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shellywang wrote:

It says 2G is not compatible but the others are. How do I know if my phone is a 2G Network?

That model # suggests it's actually a 6 not 6S.

Still should be fine here.

@shellywangYou will be fine.. there is not many 2G towers in Canada any more. I suggest the best way for you to test is just walk into a retailer like Wow!, Walmart etc or even Apple Store (@Apple they give out free SIM cards, not sure if they have Public ones though) the staff usually have extra SIM cards lying around you can just test. The only thing that is an unknown is whether your phone is locked to your previous provider.. but you will find out there. No need to navel gaze on the internet.

shellywang

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shellywang It should be fine. I have iPhone SE. It works!

AlineM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go to this website and enter your phone model information choosing Public Mobile as your carrier. 

https://willmyphonework.net/

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shellywang wrote:

Hi, I'd like to start with this phone plan but when I search and enter my phone's IMEI it states:

The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later.

@shellywangThe above check is to make sure that your phone is not blacklisted. To make sure it's compatible Public Mobile has partnered with willmyphonework.net as the new compatibility checker.If you can’t find your make and/ or model, provide feedback directly here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shellywang wrote:

Should work fine here. And the above is a good tip.

There will be a submodel on the back like A1###. What is it?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check willmyphonework.net.  It should most likley work with PM.

charliejohnsone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Call your provider and ask them to unlock it. They are required by law to do so and that will also make sure it is unlocked.

@shellywang wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.