cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is moderator intervention necessary for ALL Koodo ports ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am getting a freind setup soon who is currently on Koodo. She is on koodo postpaid and wanting to port her number over to Public. 

In the past I knew moderator intervention was only for koodo PREPAIED accounts but now I see people saying it's for all Koodo ports.

So my question is does a koodo POSTPAID port need moderator intervention ?

39 REPLIES 39

BearFBI

Yay. A moderator finnaly got through to me and I managed to port the number. I have no idea what happened to my first ticket. The mod replied to my second one pretty fast. All is good now.

Budd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a update on my port. Mod @Aleyda_C ported my number from Koodo, 3 hours after my request, No problems, super easy. Thanks to everyone for their help.

BearFBI

@gpixel Hahaha. Ive had that situation before. When i got banned there were like 10 different mods dealing with the situation. I was talking to 3 of them about my bad experience at a Walmart location and before I could write back another mod banned me. The mods that wrote to me weren't aware that I was banned and i made a new account and catherine sent a message to me that it was a "miscommunication among the moderator team".

Now thats a miscommunication alright. 

@BearFBI lol I had 5 different mods dealing with my ticket. it was redonkulous.. every message I received was from a different mod and they even confused themselves with what process they needed to complete on my account. one thought I wanted a refund for a phone, another thought it was a different account that needed the refund, etc, etc. I was ready to just give up and leave the money on my account. they said they've processed the request, lets see what happens tomorrow.

BearFBI

I'll wait for tomorrow to create a new ticket. If they don't respond by tommorow the ticket has to have been forgotten because im not hearing other people having issues with response times being greater than 48 hours 

@BearFBI , yes possibly.

BearFBI

@esjliv not sure if they deal with my situation. I think there used more for stuck ports. I don't think they have acsess to the system that can port a new number to a existing PM account. That's more for the mods.

@BearFBI wrote:

Still no response. Should i Submit a new ticket ? 

I sent that ticket on Saturday.

@BearFBI , sorry to hear that. 48 hours, not great eh?

Maybe try calling the Porting Team 

BearFBI

Still no response from the mods. Should i Submit a new ticket ? 

I sent that ticket on Saturday. Its been Over 48 hours trying to port this damm number with still no response.

Budd

Again I would like to thank you for your help. You've been awesome!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Budd wrote:

Just now.  Thanks for the info. Really appreciate your quick response

@Budd    Here's a link with important information for transfers from Koodo or Telus that might be helpful too:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Budd

Just now.  Thanks for the info. Really appreciate your quick response

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Budd wrote:

How long does it take to port a Koodo Postpaid number into Public Mobile? Thanks

@Budd   It shouldn't take long once moderators have all the necessary information for the transfer.  They normally respond within an hour or two of receiving your message/ticket unless there's a backlog of issues which delays the response time considerably sometimes.

How long has it been since you contacted them?

Budd

How long does it take to port a Koodo Postpaid number into Public Mobile? Thanks

@BearFBI it took about two days for my refund request

BearFBI

@kb_mv extremely bad. Waiting this long to port a number as a new user would turn me off. 

@BearFBI wrote:

@gpixel Ah yeah that's true. I could do that. If they respond lol. Hope my ticket isint lost. If they don't respond in 48hr I'm making a new one.

My freind is waiting paitently.

@BearFBI I know we have heard and told others that moderator response times are longer than normal, but honestly, they should say something about it. It does look bad to new people.

BearFBI

@gpixel Ah yeah that's true. I could do that. If they respond lol. Hope my ticket isint lost. If they don't respond in 48hr I'm making a new one.

My freind is waiting paitently.

@BearFBI ask mods to reset the renewal date when you speak with them

BearFBI

Sent the ticket yesterday. Its been a little over 24 hours. 

Still no response... mods must be busy. Really inconvenient to port from koodo eh. Its just annoying paying for service thats not being used.

MenryG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

they will message you to verify all the info and when all is done too. you will receive a message here and e-mail when they have written to you

BearFBI

Uh. Quick question. When I submit the port request via the ticket should I expect a reply from the moderators or do they just use the information I provided in the ticket and be done with it ?

I've never had to deal with a koodo port before. I know nothing about them.

BearFBI

@kb_mv Yep. That's what I used. Not that exact link but I used SIMON. it led me to the same place with the same ticket that makes no sense.

I recommend private messaging them. 

@BearFBI I'm curious. did you use this link thats found in their help pages?

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Rqg6DB

Just for my own info if I ever refer someone to it...

BearFBI

Wow. Have to say completing a port in request via ticket is absolue GARBAGE. It's asking for questions that don't apply to my friend. 

First of all the ticket treats it as an "issue" when submitting the ticket it makes you feel like your submitting a ticket about a issue at activation when really you just want to port your number.

When you select that you are transferring a Koodo or Telus number it asks for information to port. For some reason they make IMEI nessicary. Okay no big deal just put the IMEI in right ? Well her phone is dual SIM so 2 IMEI numbers shows up. I put one of them in and I hope it's right.

Next it asks you to verify your PM account. It makes you go through the long process of the last payment you made, last 4 digits on credit card, blah blah blah. I don't know why they couldn't make a simple text verification like they do with private messages. 

Now I'm about to click submit and it won't submit. I look up and its asking me to fill out what was the last addon I purchased. Are you kidding me ? It's a brand new account and no addon has been purchased. This is a port in request for a NEW account were talking about. I filled that in all with zeros because I needed it filled In order to submit the ticket.

I hope they don't reject it or ill be mad. Next time I'll just submit a ticket directly. Whoever made that port in request page wasn't so smart.

@MoreYummy wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@BearFBI either way she needs mod intervention. try porting at activation and be the guinea pig. 

As answered earlier, porting from Telus or Koodo can't be done without a moderator. During activation, after activation, or postpaid vs. prepaid no longer make any difference.

when did it change?   

This changed on January 19, 2021, at the time same time as self serve porting was re-enabled.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@gpixel wrote:

@BearFBI either way she needs mod intervention. try porting at activation and be the guinea pig. 

As answered earlier, porting from Telus or Koodo can't be done without a moderator. During activation, after activation, or postpaid vs. prepaid no longer make any difference.

when did it change?   

@gpixel wrote:

BearFBI

@gpixel I will try but its most likely going to redirect me to submit a ticket when I input the phone number where it says "Check Port Avalability" when activating. 

PM most likeley thought that through.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.