cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is moderator intervention necessary for ALL Koodo ports ?

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am getting a freind setup soon who is currently on Koodo. She is on koodo postpaid and wanting to port her number over to Public. 

In the past I knew moderator intervention was only for koodo PREPAIED accounts but now I see people saying it's for all Koodo ports.

So my question is does a koodo POSTPAID port need moderator intervention ?

39 REPLIES 39

@kb_mv wrote:

@BearFBI I too saw 1-2 hours when I had issues but lately I wouldn't bank on it. You have to pick a temp number and then submit a ticket. At least the service will work while awaiting a mod. Don't forget to tell them to leave the old sim in to await the SMS.

@kb_mv @BearFBI , I helped someone activate the end of December from a Koodo Postpaid account, before these new Koodo/Telus porting changes took place.

It went really well. Activation from Koodo to PM was nearly immediate through the PM SIM activation process.

The Koodo SIM went inactive right away.

So, in other words, NO porting text confirmation was sent from Koodo to approve the port.

We kept trying to put the Koodo SIM back in for a short time to see if it would appear, but it did not.

I even called the Porting Number, on behalf of this new user, and ask why this was. The Porting Team agent I spoke to was not too sure why. But assured me it ported out of Koodo and into PM successfully.

Perhaps part of this change is more of a porting safety protocol within the Telus family of companies for extra protection of the users??

I don't know, maybe not, but that is what I like to tell myself.

@BearFBI wrote:

@kb_mv Yeah it just makes things much more harder. My friend is getting the SIM today and I'm going to help with activation tommorow. I dont have much time to dedicate my whole day to activating her phone. This is annoying. I hope I get a fast response from the moderators.

@BearFBI Try this....

d238c2dcf5fd60705860e3a11011dd8d.jpg

BearFBI

@kb_mv Yeah it just makes things much more harder. My friend is getting the SIM today and I'm going to help with activation tommorow. I dont have much time to dedicate my whole day to activating her phone. This is annoying. I hope I get a fast response from the moderators.

@BearFBI I too saw 1-2 hours when I had issues but lately I wouldn't bank on it. You have to pick a temp number and then submit a ticket. At least the service will work while awaiting a mod. Don't forget to tell them to leave the old sim in to await the SMS.

MenryG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it took a little more than 1 hour for me today

BearFBI

@kb_mv aww what. You've gotta be kidding me.

I wonder why they changed it to all koodo ports. 

How does moderator response time look these days ? Back when I was helping out on the community it was 1-2 hours.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

I am getting a freind setup soon who is currently on Koodo. She is on koodo postpaid and wanting to port her number over to Public. 

In the past I knew moderator intervention was only for koodo PREPAIED accounts but now I see people saying it's for all Koodo ports.

@BearFBI   There was an official announcement made recently about this change, but I can't seem to find it right now.   But yeah, basically all porting from (postpaid/prepaid) Telus/Koodo and PC Mobile now require moderator's assistance.  No-on knows why this change was made though, as far as I'm aware.

MenryG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yes it is needed, I just did the port today from koodo and a postpaid account.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI wrote:

@BearFBI Yes all Koodo / Telus ports need to go through a moderator now.

Need Help? Let's chat.