cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to port my Public Mobile number to another Public Mobile account?

Daphne1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I currently have 2 Public Mobile accounts. I only want to keep account A which has the better plan, but I want to keep the phone number from account B. I have no use for account B. What are my options?

11 REPLIES 11

@Daphne1 wrote:

Lol I thought this would be simple. Looks like I have to port twice. If I can perform these changes the same day, can anyone recommend a cost-effective interim carrier?

Edit: Actually Bell does have $5/month (10 minutes) prepaid, probably the cheapest, although I think Virgin Mobile also have something similar.  But then you'd still have to pay $10 SIM, so minimum cost will be $15 plus probably having to buy another PM SIM to port back in here to keep the number you like?  I guess you have to decide if it's worth it for you.  Correction I forget you will have the account you like available to port back into.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

Why not keep phone number and Plan B and change your plan on the next Renewal date and keep Plan B just change your plan to the one you like,if it’s the $25 plan it is still available 

That's the ticket. Unless you have some excess Available Funds on account A. If not then abandon it instead.

Edit: ah yes the sage advice of history. Thanks for that input ShawnC13.

@RossN wrote:

Why not keep phone number and Plan B and change your plan on the next Renewal date and keep Plan B just change your plan to the one you like,if it’s the $25 plan it is still available 

They are probably on a plan that is no longer offered and that is why they are asking if this is possible.  This was a common question with the Fall Promo and when some people were looking at moving elsewhere but wanted to keep a plan here but with the number on the plan they were porting out of.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Daphne1 wrote:

Lol I thought this would be simple. Looks like I have to port twice. If I can perform these changes the same day, can anyone recommend a cost-effective interim carrier?

Bell prepaid would be your best choice as per @LovesToPM  recommendation.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

You should port your Account B number over to a carrier like Bell. This will close Account B. Then port back the number to Account A.

Daphne1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

You're allowed to change phone numbers once monthly. Send a message to moderators and tell them your request to change number to Account A, then you can let the other account die after 90 days.

@hairbag1 unfortunately, what you're suggesting is not possible.  PM will not do transfer phone number between PM accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Daphne1 wrote:

Hi, I currently have 2 Public Mobile accounts. I only want to keep account A which has the better plan, but I want to keep the phone number from account B. I have no use for account B. What are my options?

Unfortunately we have been told that it is not possible.  They used to be able to port a PM number to another account but no longer do that.  You could port out Number B that you want to keep to another provider and then back into Plan A but that will have extra costs involved.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

La la la ...la

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Daphne1 wrote:

@Daphne1 unfortunately no, this is not something that Public Mobile is willing to do any more.  If you don't care about losing phone number A, then you could port Phone Number B to another provider, then port it back into Account A.  

edit: I can't type "phone", apparently. 😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.