cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to keep my Koodo Number?

SanitaFejzic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to join, but I'd like to keep my Koodo number. Do I still have to buy a new SIM card? My Koodo number expires on Oct 6. I would apprecaite some help.

Best,

Sanita

9 REPLIES 9

@william76 hi didn't we answer your question in your previous post?

william76

I want to keep my Koodo number so how is that done

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I moved from Koodo to PM a month ago and you can keep your number. Easy transition.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SanitaFejzic wrote:

I want to join, but I'd like to keep my Koodo number. Do I still have to buy a new SIM card? My Koodo number expires on Oct 6. I would apprecaite some help.

Best,

Sanita

@SanitaFejzic  All good advice here. If you are postpaid account at koodo your plan will be prorated from when you switch. Using a referral code from a friend before sept 30th 11:59pm edt/est will get you and your friend an extra $10 bonus credit if you activate a $25+ plan. $10 for your friend and $20 for you. Set up auto pay for a $2 auto pay reward and a monthly 500mb data bonus. Looking at a $40+ plan? That qualifies you for rbc promo too! Save an extra $10 for six months and a 5gb bonus data add on.(rolls over til used up.) These may be used together for the extra savings. To get both you must : Activate online, put friends referral code on first page of activation, Choose plan $40+, Enter promo code RBCREWARDS in the promo box on the plans page you will see the price reduce by $10 immeadiately, Pay with a credit card and set up your autopay. You will pay upfront for the $40plan....$30+tax after credits and rewards are deducted your second month will be $6 and $28 there after for the remainder of the 6 month promo and $38 after that. You can change plans on next renewal if you wish but would lose any promos (not rewards) such as the 5gb bonus data add on if you haven't used it up.

Nan2

I was with Eastlink and was able to port my cell number from there so I am assuming you can do the same.  

First you have to make sure your phone is unlocked and you have the Koodo account number in order to do this plus a new SIM card at Device doctor.

Hope this is of some help.

Good luck!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SanitaFejzic yes just remember to keep your koodo account active until port is completed Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SanitaFejzic wrote:

Best,

Sanita

You always need a new SIM. Not sure any carrier would allow another carrier SIM...even under the same umbrella.

If your account is prepaid then you will need moderator assistance to transfer the number.

If postpaid then you can transfer it yourself.

Use a different email address here than what you have at Koodo.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can

Head over to Walmart and get the sim

If you are prepaid Koodo customer, register your sim and choose temporarily number. Then you will have to contact moderators to port your number

If you are postpaid, best thing is again to choose temp number thent port your Koodo number yourself from self-serve

Advice:

Use different email address from the  oone you use with Koodo, or if you really want to use the same one, change Koodo email.

Make sure you don't do this the last day as you need to make sure you're account is on good standing for them to release number

Ask a friend for referral you both benefit

GR
Mayor / Maire

@SanitaFejzic of course you can keep your Koodo number!  Yes you have to buy a public mobile Sim card!  Is your Koodo prepaid or on a monthly plan? 

Need Help? Let's chat.