cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change my home city without changing my phone number

mwtimler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4 REPLIES 4

It’s best to look up the area code and local exchange to see what city the number is assigned to.  For example 519-623-xxxx is assigned to the former town of Galt, ON, which is long since amalgamated with Preston and Hespeler, to form Cambridge, yet all 3 calling centres have their own local calling areas (all of Cambridge is local, but other nearby by cities may or may not be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@magicmedia wrote:

THe number goes along with the City. In Caller Display, it tells which city this number belongs.

Using an old BB Z30 OS10 calling a newer Samsung S7 A8 with show my number set to on...I get province. Not city.

I get that the number is set up via a city/region but it seems the phone can only tell it's from a particular province in caller id.

magicmedia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

THe number goes along with the City. In Caller Display, it tells which city this number belongs.

Each and every phone number is assigned to a specific city. The city of a phone number can never be changed. Saying that, you can use a phone number from any city that you wish, as long as you understand that this might cause other people who call you to possibly pay for long ditsance fees.

Need Help? Let's chat.