cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to cancel the porting in of my number or will this just mess things up further?

Char1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my sim yesterday, then attempted to switch the new number to my existing phone number, which is with pc mobile.  Unfortunately that seems to have been a mistake, as the port has failed and I am stuck in limbo with no cell phone service from public mobile.

My phone is a samsung, so once I unlocked it with pc mobile and inserted the public mobile sim, it locked back to that network, so it can no longer use the pc mobile sim.

If I just switch again to a new phone number, will that restore my ability to use my public mobile sim, or will that further mess up my account and make it more complicated to fix? 

I already sent a message to a moderator yesterday about the port, but have not yet had a response.

10 REPLIES 10

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Char1 wrote:

It has been sorted out and the number is now active with public mobile.  Bit of a rocky start, but hopefully things are smooth from now on.

Welcome to PM! Smiley Happy

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Char1 porting in a number can be an adventure things should go better now,welcome to PM Smiley Happy

Char1

It has been sorted out and the number is now active with public mobile.  Bit of a rocky start, but hopefully things are smooth from now on.

@Char1 wrote:

Well, as of now, the number is deactivated with pc mobile.  It was still active earlier this morning.  Hopefully that means the port is going through.

It is possible the port is slowly making its way through the system.  Normally, cellular ports complete within 2-4 hours and sometimes quicker.  Customers are not able to resubmit or alter ports that have already been submitted.  Unfortunately, if things don't sort themselves out, you need to work with the moderator team. 

Char1

Well, as of now, the number is deactivated with pc mobile.  It was still active earlier this morning.  Hopefully that means the port is going through.

@Char1 

As discussed above (william13), if your port is stuck, sometimes your PC Mobile SIM/account is still working and active.  You could try to put the PC Mobile SIM back to your Samsung or another extra phone to see whether it works and you still get some service until moderators get back to you (hopefully today).  

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Best to wait for a Moderator to answer. Your number is connected to your sim card but having issues. Without the help of a moderator you won't be able to do it on your own.

Char1

I am aware that it can take time to receive a response from the moderators.  I am just wondering if I can fix this myself by requesting a new number to cancel the port of the number.  Having a functioning cell phone is more important to me than keeping my current number, since I can update my work collegues, friends, and family that I have a new number rather than not be able to communicate with them, particularly my work.  But, I don't want to do this if it will further mess up my account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Char1, porting from PC mobile requires moderator team to complete.  This is why your port is stuck.  I suggest reaching out to the moderator team to have the porting issue corrected.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  BTW, is the PC mobile service still functional?  If it is, then only corrections on this end is necessary.  It could get a bit messy if your PC mobile service is deactivated.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When contacting a Moderator you have to know that it could take anywhere from an hour to 48 hours. They are always busy but they always answer. 

Need Help? Let's chat.