cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it legal to just charge money and don't provide service?

hanking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this company a fraud?

$15 plan cannot send text for a very long time and nobody to say anything about it.

If it was legal I would set up a company and provide the $1 dollar worldwide plan.

8 REPLIES 8

JoeBush

This cell phone provider has a lot of problems. Legal issues loom on the horizon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hanking wrote:

What makes angry is that there is nobody come out to ensure they have known this problem.

If I know they are trying to fix it, I will not be so upset.

Absolutely. That is a problem.

They did make an announcement about the $15 plan a few days ago (albeit late) but there haven't been any updates on it. They just updated about the dropped calls problem but nothing on the $15 plan problem.

hanking

What makes angry is that there is nobody come out to ensure they have known this problem.

If I know they are trying to fix it, I will not be so upset.

hanking

Bluntly speaking that your answer is useless. I have reported the problem in this community and I have also sent a message to the mod. Nobody answer to me and the problem is still there. 

The $15 plan cannot send texts but can receive texts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jadebug 

There are two other customers with the same problem that has been going for days.

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hanking

This company is legitimate, owned by Telus.

What symptoms are you encountering? Can you receive text messages? 

You can post them here and the community will help you figure it out. But if you prefer contacting a mod, you can also do so by clicking here

Pretty sure failing to deliver the goods you advertise is illegal. At a minimum credit card companies have fraud protection to protect their customers too. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hanking wrote:

Is this company a fraud?

$15 plan cannot send text for a very long time and nobody to say anything about it.

If it was legal I would set up a company and provide the $1 dollar worldwide plan.

This place is not a fraud. There are currently two other people posting with the same problem. And they've been going for days. It's enormously frustrating as I'm sure the mods are stupid-busy with all that has gone on recently.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have a problem and it's not being resolved by a moderator, yes ... technically the contract would be frustrated. It's not "illegal" but you would have a claim for a refund. Not sure how it would be worth pursuing it for $15, but there might be an argument.

More importantly, have you message a moderator to escalate your problem?

Need Help? Let's chat.