cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PM only for Canada customers?

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is PM only target the Canadian customers not US?  I know of some US friends who are looking to change phone plans

8 REPLIES 8

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee unfortunately PM provides services only in Canada, they have no jurisdiction to provide cellular services to the U.S.. customers.  But if your friends are staying in Canada for an extended period of time then you could get them cellular service (since PM does not require credit checks).  But if they are living in the U.S. then no.  

You might want to let your friends know there are many cell companies in the U.S., just depends on what type of coverage their looking for, see the link below listing most, if not all, the wireless companies in the U.S.

Ting is a fairly inexpensive provider, and they are a Canadian based company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

jackal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, with the right payment type Americans can sign on to Public Mobile.

But not sure why they would want to.

1. If they live in America, the calls will not be cheaper as you would have to purchase a US Add On. Unless you are a very low usage caller, it would probably be more expensive.

2. If they live here in Canada, then they are eligible for sign up, just as any other international visitor is.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee wrote:

Is PM only target the Canadian customers not US?  I know of some US friends who are looking to change phone plans

Just curious - what plans are your US friends on currently?

If you use it in Canada,it's OK.

Or if you don't mind paying roaming fee, you can use public mobile in usa too. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Considering the network that Public Mobile runs on is entirely situated in Canada, it would be really tough for them to sell service to customers outside of the country.  I don't believe that Public Mobile is a registered MVNO in the US.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@danlee this is a bit like asking if T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T is only for US customers.  The answer is yes. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@danlee wrote:

PM  is for anybody looking for cellular service in Canada.  Catch is you either have to have a Canadian Credit card or use the payment vouchers to pay for your plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi danlee,

At the time, PM is aimed for Canadian consumers. Unless these US friends visit Canada frequently, PM would not be beneficial to them and they are likely much better off sticking to plans in the United States.

Korade

Need Help? Let's chat.