cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PM on discord too?

ibuddler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does PM have a server on discord too? Also how likely will they have a mobile app?

It's not very user friendly to view my account on my phone. 

11 REPLIES 11

@ibuddler wrote:

When I dial 611 from my phone, will it use my airtime?

Thanks,

@ibuddler No it will not, in fact you will still be able to dial it even if your account is suspended.

@ibuddler wrote:

Thanks,

No, it will not.

Edit: If you are on the $15 plan, using you phone to check voicemail will use up out going minutes. You can dial your number from another phone and at the greeting press * to get into your voicemail.

Another option suggested by @gblackma is:

I'm on the same plan and to save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Stay safe.

ibuddler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks,

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ibuddler , Public Mobile have twitter and facebook accounts.  I am not aware of any discord account.  I use discord and have not received any invites anyway.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ibuddler wrote:

Does PM have a server on discord too?

@ibuddler  No.

Also how likely will they have a mobile app? Highly unlikely, PM likes to keep costs low. 🙂

It's not very user friendly to view my account on my phone.  Try dialing *611 from your phone.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@ibuddler 

if you want to feel like you are clicking on an app go to your browser settings for this page and make a home screen icon. 

Here is what it looks like. 

Screenshot_20200525_095449.jpg

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ibuddler 

I Use PM website on my small Phone, iPhone SE works well, created a home screen window, works great.

@dougc wrote:

If you can access the internet on your mobile, there is no need for an app'. 

IMHO !

p.s. especially considering all the permissions/access that people tend to  giveaway to the true overseers of the app' !

As for app permisions, I'm sure that the things that the web browser is programmed to have access to can be quite shocking too.  When it comes to mobile carrier apps, they have often just been nothing more than a standalone bookmark that load the mobile version of the website anyway. 

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you can access the internet on your mobile, there is no need for an app'. 

IMHO !

p.s. especially considering all the permissions/access that people tend to  giveaway to the true overseers of the app' !

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ibuddler I don't think PM will provide mobile app.

But there is an app called Data Witness PM written by a PM subscriber to monitor data usage for 30 and 90 days plan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA

@ibuddler wrote:

Does PM have a server on discord too? Also how likely will they have a mobile app?

It's not very user friendly to view my account on my phone. 

This Community website is the only official messaging forum for Public Mobile. While, there are certainly chat rooms on Discord that people talk about Public Mobile in, there is no official Public Mobile prescece there.

Need Help? Let's chat.