cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ironic

Deano53
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What I find very ironic about living in 2021 is that when money needs to be debited from our account it can come out immediately. When we are supposed to get refunded for an over charge it takes 5-7 business days not including weekends or holidays. Anybody else see what’s wrong with this scenario? 

8 REPLIES 8

Deano53

Just so the community knows ( really doesn’t matter) I still haven’t received it yet: was told 4 days ago it would be 72 hours . 🤷🏼

Deano53

Within ONE day? FOREVER to return it , but can do AMAZING things as long as they DONT have to return it. 

@darlicious wrote:

Thats why most customers just opt for an immediate credit in their accounts knowing it will just be used for the following renewal or add on purchases if needed.

True...that is a better choice .. ask them to move the money to Available Fund, they can complete it within 24 hours.  

juanpablo03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am with you man totally, It is so Ironic 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Deano53 

This seems to be the same for any other business.

I filled up gas my car at a self service station, the pump indicates that you must approve $250 before filling up…I filled up $70 of fuel but when I check my CC account there was a charge of $250 pending.

The $70 amount was adjusted a week later…hmmmm

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Deano53 

I can understand your frustration but that is a normal turn around for a refund when the card is not present for the merchant issuing the refund and there are no preauthorization agreements in place. 

Thats why most customers just opt for an immediate credit in their accounts knowing it will just be used for the following renewal or add on purchases if needed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

this is normal for any business.  First, they need the couple days to confirm. 

then of course, all Accountants will tell you, it's better to keep the money yourself, they would like to drag on as long as they can.. but this is common to any business 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah, but you are going through a big corporation, approvals etc probably take time. 

5-7 days seems generous I once was told 3-4 weeks, so things are improving?

Need Help? Let's chat.